Meeeeeerrryyyyy Christmas

edited December 2012 in Digital
May I wish each and everyone at Audiochews a very merry Christmas and may 2013 be a better year for you and your families. Whatever your system, whatever your taste, may you just enjoy your music.

Kind regards   Al

Comments

• Thank ye very much.
    And season's greetings to you and yours.
    :-)
  • Thank you Al.

I hope 2013 is a memorably wonderful year.
  • Have fun over the hols everyone.

And a happy safe new year.

Best

Brain Dead
  • You too Colin

Enjoy the land of the duelling haggisses
  • PACPAC
    edited December 2012
    Thank you Al and the same to you and to everyone at Audio Chews.  

May your Yule Logs never go out @-) and may you all escape the flooding which is set to plague the UK over the festive season.

Col...let us know how many different malts you manage to sample on your trip =P~
  • I want to know how many different malts he's bringing back for us regular posters ;-) 

The poor chap doesn't drink.
  • Thank you Al and the same to you and to everyone at Audio Chews.  

May your Yule Logs never go out @-) and may you all escape the flooding which is set to plague the UK over the festive season.

Col...let us know how many different malts you manage to sample on your trip =P~
    None I can`t drink,shame as I loved my malts and the visits to the best Scottish Tea Rooms was a great day out. Never mind the lovers of good taste will have more this year for themselves and the UK Taxes will have to go up now on music. I hope my friend Kwinn reads this and get his facts right for is new year resolution but happy new year to him too and the barracks he lives in.  :))
  • Say hello to Scotland, and Merry Christmas to you all at this forum, pleased to be with you, thanks!!

• edited December 2012
    Out for a good curry and cheap italian wine I love multiculturalism. Hate Tories. Hate the daily mail.
    Humanity! Let's go!
    This a left wing forum. Fuck off if you're not down with that. Plenty of other right wing narrow minded audio forums out there. Go on off you go...
  • Surely the best music is all left wing...?
  • By the way, when defining left and right wing I consider the following:
    1. Definition of political unit - right wing tends to he geo-national, even racial. Left wing more international.
    2. Freedom v fairness (altruism v selfishness) left wing prefers a weighting towards fairness/equality. Right wing prefers more freedom at the expense of fairness (eg lower taxation at expense of social welfare).
    3. Role of state within political unit - left wing uses state to enforce equality, right wing rolls back state to allow freedom to run rampant.

Look I'm on the way back from the pub. What do you crazies expect?
  • If people tell you that it is possible to expand equality and freedom at the same time they are bullshitting your ass.

Right now, Christmas. Here we go.
  • I should say, I think we do ok in our country right now. Despite what the daily mail say. Our freedom - fairness balance is pretty good. Better than most humans enjoy past or present.
  • May be that's what civilisation is peeps - striking an ever finer balance between important concepts.
  • C'mon people - open your minds really wide here....
  • I haven't had as much wine as you, mate!
  • I haven't had as much wine as you, mate!
    Tonight or ever?
  • Wow Ben...a few pops too many?

People's politics do not matter. It's how people treat each other that matters.  I am not left wing, right wing or liberal but no harm to those that believe with sincerity (not fanatacism) in any political creed they want to believe in.  Political prejudice is no different to fascism or communism ;)

Right, enough philosophy...Merry Christmas! (I should ad "ho-ho-ho bearing in mind the lack of exercise and weight gain following hospitalisation!) 
  • Well said Paul.
    It seems like a rogue Marxist cell has hijacked my account.
    I would never have one too many.
    I was in bed at 8.30 last night with my mug of cocoa.
  • edited December 2012
    It's a good thing Chews has such an even handed, inclusive, sober minded moderation team. In fact, on the subject of moderation...  :-j
  • I had nothing to do with any of last night's posts. As I explained, my account was hacked. Those posts should be left only as a sobering lesson of what happens if one doesn't regularly change login passwords...
    I have changed mine this morning. It is no longer 'Trotsky1917'.
  • Crikey Ben...hope it's all sorted now.  Must say it didn't sound at all like you...very out of character!  You're far too nice a guy  ;)
  • They made me smile. Anyway have a nice Christmas everyone and get some old empire down you :)
  • edited December 2012
    Crikey Ben...hope it's all sorted now.  Must say it didn't sound at all like you...very out of character!  You're far too nice a guy  ;)
    Thanks Paul. I don't drink that often, partly for that reason.

• Merry Christmas, oh Merry Chewers :-)
  • Merry Christmas everyone, looking forward to Santa emptying his sack in our lounge, hang on, I didn't mean.......... :))

What I mean is, I hope you all have a great time.

Regards

Justin
  • edited December 2012
    So did anyone get anything nice?
    I didn't get anything music or audio related but I did treat myself (since nobody else would :(   ) to an iPhone 5, which of course streams music :)

• All good here Rob. I got fat and a bit drunk.
    Glad you're iPhoned-up. They sure are nifty.
  • Not one thing audio-related. Not even a CD this year.
  • I got a nice pair of Shure headphones and a few CD's. Not even a CD Dave? Did you not write a list for Santa? :D
  • edited December 2012
    I got a nice pair of Shure headphones and a few CD's. Not even a CD Dave? Did you not write a list for Santa? :D
    My understanding is that the "list" was received, and in good time.
    However, this year apparently certain "behavioural issues" placed Dave somewhere other than Santa's good list.
    :-(
  • I got a nice pair of Shure headphones and a few CD's. Not even a CD Dave? Did you not write a list for Santa? :D
    My understanding is that the "list" was received, and in good time.
    However, this year apparently certain "behavioural issues" placed Dave somewhere other than Santa's good list.
    :-(
    P.S. A source close to big FC has made it known to me that Dave only narrowly avoided receiving a Paul McCartney vinyl box set.
  • :O Not Macca! Nobody deserves that.....on vinyl as well you say? What is this new fangled format of which you speak?
  • Not sure. All I know is that Dave is violently sick whenever the word is used.
  • Lucky me, Santa brought me an Albarry AP 11 Pre-amp and a pair of M1108 Mono-blocs and a MusicWorks ReVo stand.
    Chuffed to little mint balls
    Enjoy the festive season.

regards   Al
  • edited December 2012
    Blimey.
    I hope that you're writing a pretty impressive "thank you" letter for the big man.
  • A thank you letter?, I'd imagine a trip to the North Pole, involving a lot of "blowing action" would be more fitting!!
    :-))
  • What would mrs. Claus say?
  • Not sure. All I know is that Dave is violently sick whenever the word is used.
    Macca or vinyl?  :-&