For sale: Spectral DMC 12 Pre-amp REDUCED AGAIN!!!

edited November 2012 in For sale
Now £1,650 interesting? (I feel I'm giving this away)

If I throw in a pair of Spectral MI-330 interconnects for £100 (£400ish new) would that entice someone?

I am reducing this to £1,750, hopefully this will create interest in this bargain pre-amp.

I have an immaculate Spectral DMC 12 Pre-amp, it is a fast, clean sounding pre with a lovely soundstage,

It has built in Moving Magnet and switch-able Moving coil stages and a separate power supply.

I have the original box and documents, I would like £1,850

I can demonstrate to serious punters, I live in derbyshire, buyer collects.

regards  Al

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Reduced again, £1,500  don't miss this superb Pre-amp, would make a lovely Chrissy Pressy.
  • It's a bit expensive to buy for SWMBO :-)
  • Hi Al

Best of luck with the sale. It always makes me sad when the market doesn't reflect the value of cherished items, but that's the times we are living in right now. :(
  • You're right guys, it seems one has to almost give away quality equipment these days.Is it everybody wants something for nothing? or too close to Christmas I wonder?

regards  Al
  • edited November 2012
    Al,

Basically everybody is broke and wonder when and where is the money coming from next month for the mortgage etc.
    It is the same everywhere,we sell to 21 countries all over the world and we are hearing the same all over.
    The government and banks of the worlds have put all there peoples into panic mode, whilst that sit there eating and drinking like kings.

So Al hide it in the loft and wait if you can for finer times, to many vultures waiting for a cheap meal out there.

best Col

Swimming in our village on the highway has now been banned. What a waste of Speedo`s.

• Good post Col. Until the last bit....Eeeeeuuuuugghhh!  :-&
  • It would have been a site, a fat whale splashing in shallow waters. :)) =))

• Yes it is definitely a buyers market out there at the minute. There are seriously good bargains on the forum classifieds going begging. Even 12 months ago they would have sold but not today. Only the smaller items in the low hundreds seem to move and once you are in 4 figures then as Colin says pack it away for another day. If the second hand market is bad then the new hi-fi market must be pretty dire.
  • edited November 2012
    It's always a buyers market until I want to buy something, then I have to pay top dollar, no way fair, boohoo.

Anyway I'll try some piccies

hope that works

Al
  • Be patient and a buyer will come by, I'm sure.
  • Hope so. Lovely looking gear, for sure!
  • Reduced yet again £1,400  I must be mad

regards   Al
  • Reduced for quick sale  £1,350,  tempting?
  • REDUCED YET AGAIN!!!

£1,300   BARGAIN!!!

AL
  • How old is this pre...

I think the english customer  don´t understand how good this is, you´re price is very good...

Stay calm, perhaps try on more international basis, Audiogon or so...good luck

• Does it make the tea...? How about warm beer...?
  • Hello Lasse,

The DMC 12 is 10 years old.

I think your right, to be fair I hadn't heard of Spectral before I bought it.
    However once I did hear it I had to have it, it is one of the best pre-amps I have heard.

The ONLY reason I am selling it is because I want the Albarry AP 11.

enjoy your music

regards  Al
  • I think there is something about buying into an individual designer/manufacturer's approach. Many of us end up with a significant presence of one designer/manufacturer's products in our system.

At present, I'm being blown away by what Colin is producing under the TQ brand. Previously, I've had other enthusiasms. You click with a particular approach to hi-fi and you stay with it until something else significantly better to your ears comes along (it has to be significantly better, or you don't make the move) and then you shift paradigm.
  • I think you are right there, uglymusic, in my opinon and way of behavior anyway.

• Reduced AGAIN

£1,250 for one of the best pre-amps I've heard,  BARGAIN!!!

regards  Al
  • Sorry, now sold

thanks   Al
  • Well done Al!
This discussion has been closed.