Hypex NCore Build

13»

Comments

• I have been considering building a pair of these amps for some time, but I have not done it yet. The DC offset on these amps is worrying me, as my speakers are very rare and there are no new drivers available.
    I have a question for you, have you measured the DC offset? If you have what was it? And have you measured it whilst the amps are running?

• I've not measured the DC offset.  Before connecting to my main speakers I connected the amps to a cheap speaker to ensure nothing was untoward with regard to DC offset or perhaps more likely my wiring.
  • Here they are in their finished cases.......

• I've attached an XLR to RCA adaptor in that last photo. 
  • They look nice James.

Are you going to keep them, or the bottles, or...?
  • Still undecided Dave.  I need to hear the nCore's with more speakers to see whether this is a synergy issue with my speakers.  If the nCore's work brilliantly well with other speakers then I might consider replacing my speakers.  

The nCore's have many practical benefits over the bottles that's for sure.  They've been on about six hours today and the cases are barely warm to the touch. I could also build three more and have a very powerful surround sound setup....I'd need to leave the doors open with three valve amps running.

• Brumjam, I may have missed it, but are you able to review these amps as I am quite interested in you views.
  • Hi Sovereign, check out my 'Amp Comparison' thread where I'm posting my thoughts on the Hypex amps and comparing them to other amps.  They sounded mightily impressive yesterday driving a pair of monster Tannoys.

• Ah, good man, thank you!