One of them things...

edited March 2013 in Other hi-fi gear
Been meaning to get one of these for a while...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121063681898?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last week I did. Only £23 delivered.
Allowed me to feed several components (amps and TFS) directly out of my mains regenerator without the additional connections/fuses of a block. For good measure I soldered all of the live and neutral connections.
Crickey where did all this bass come from...? Bring on the foo !!!

Ben

Comments

• Real difference then? Impressive.

Given much of your equipment has captive mains leads, does this mean you now have a conjoined system? It could be difficult moving gear about?
  • It does. The TSS and TFS PSU's and the AP30 are now effectively all soldered together inside the multi-plug. I'm thinking of leaving the front door open to see how the local tea-leafs might approach things.

I think it's a real difference. I had been using the AP30 and the Goodwoods to add a bit of bass slam to everything. I had found that having the volume dial at about 2.7 had been sufficient. Since removing the block and hard wiring the leads into the multi-plug, 2.5 on the dial is way-too bassy. One of those "really? am I sure?" sort of things. I could of course be deluded of course.
    Important to say that previously the AP30 had NOT been feeding off the AG1500, so any change in its performance could be entirely or partly due to the neat 230v of AC power it is now getting. Its transformer is certainly quieter. My perception is that the Cubes are more bassy - which IF true (not saying it is) could be down only to the wiring alterations at the mains end.

So it's down to about 2.1 on the AP30 now, and that is wonderful - a subtle but important addition of body - especially to vocals. Those 12 inch drivers in the Goodmans certainly know their stuff when it comes to realistic weight.

• Yeah. I've had success with hardwiring in the past. 

Dosn't surprise me at all.

Maybe  I'll get one.
  • A subtly, but profoundly dismissive post Dave. Every sentence a masterclass in "meh...".
    ;-D
  • edited March 2013
    A subtly, but profoundly dismissive post Dave. Every sentence a masterclass in "meh...".
    ;-D
    :D
  • A subtly, but profoundly dismissive post Dave. Every sentence a masterclass in "meh...".
    ;-D
    Nah. I was posting from my iPad, where long, discursive posts just don't happen  [-X