Thieving Toerags!

edited February 2013 in Other stuff
Got a call from my builder this morning to say that our house (currently under renovation/extension) was broken into last night.

You should see the state of the place.....rooms turned upside down, attempt made to steal our new boiler, all power tools stolen plus new extractor hood, cabinets etc. I didn't bother with contents insurance as there was little of value in the house until last week when I had to start ordering stuff to keep the builders busy......we are only three weeks from the finish line.

Police came round and have been very nice but we all know nobody will be caught for this.

So frustrated and concerned they will come back at some point soon for the boiler now that they've seen it.

It's not clear how they got in at this stage.....the SOC officer was round earlier so I'm waiting for a call from them to find out.....no smashed glass or bent door frames.

Annoyed.com

Comments

• James - that is really bad news! I am so gutted for you man, what an absolute nightmare!

I do hope something comes of the investigation. It sounds like someone has been watching your project closely. :(
  • Thanks Alan. I suspect that the house was not secured properly last night by the builders, so all they had to do was try the back door and voila! Naturally the builder has denied this but unless the tea leaves can teleport I don't see any alternative.....unless someone has taken a key home with them and returned in the night.

• It would very sad if were either an 'inside' job, or someone the builder knew and had been in conversation with. I really hope this setback doesn't you or your missus down mate. We're thinking of you!
  • You're pissed off.
    Reading that, i feel pretty pissed off for you too.
    Keep us posted.
  • sorry to hear your news James.

I hope you get it sorted  
  • Hello James, I've just read about your setback, and just wanted to pass on my sadness to you. I hope you get over this inconvenience, and wish you both all the best for when you move in. One day I hope this will be a distant memory for you.

Stay well and keep smiling.

Regards

Justin
  • Thanks Justin. We have moved in now and house is alarmed plus discrete CCTV cameras front and back. That's about the most I can do in terms of deterrents.
  • Machine gun emplacements? :-D
  • Don't tempt me  >:)
  • Dave hangs old LPs outside his house, though i understand that this is more to do with keeping evil spirits away.
  • I look on it more as the vinyl solution  >:)
  • I look on it more as the vinyl solution  >:)
    Very good!  :-))
  • edited March 2013
    Don't tempt me  >:)
    Try a Naim system. That'll keep them away...