Audirvana+ 1.5beta

edited May 2013 in Digital
This from Damien @ Audirvana HQ: New release, with benefits. I doubt I'll get to play with it this week, but I look forward to it. Download it here!

I've just released the public beta for 1.5 with Multichannel playback, and Audio Units plugins support.

The user manual is up to date.

It also includes:

• Add command to scroll playlist to the currently playing track
  • DSD128 support for DoP 1.1 4x176.4kHz devices (Mytek)
  • In
    iTunes integrated mode, use the track start and finish settings (in
    iTunes track info settings) to play only the wished subset of the track
  • Remaining time display (toggle with total track time by clicking on it)
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fix gapless playback in Cue Sheets and when using dithered volume control
    • Fix last seconds of the last of a playlist being cut off in iTunes integrated mode
    • Airplay fix applied also for 10.8.3
    • Gapless playback even when using filters (sample rate converter and/or Audio Units)

And also sound quality improvement

Comments

• You got in first!

I noticed the post on CA the other day, but haven't got around to downloading.

Some are, indeed, reporting the claimed sq improvements. 
  • edited May 2013
    I downloaded it yesterday, and it is noticably different. Should I say what I think, or wait for some other posts first, to see if we think similarly?

It has facility for plugins now, which opens the possibility of digital EQ pre DAC for room correction. I have no idea how to go about that, but I shall get googling sometime.
  • My download is 1.4.9.7, is that what you have Alan?
  • That's the one. I was thrown by the number too.
  • I downloaded it yesterday, and it is noticably different. Should I say what I think, or wait for some other posts first, to see if we think similarly
    Que...?
  • Wait and see, windoze boy! ;)
  • Well windoze boy doesn't suffer from colective-opinion-syndrome...
    ;-)
  • That's the one. I was thrown by the number too.
    Thanks.
  • So. Are you going to go first?
  • Gosh, I'd almost forgotton about this. From memory, the main thing (among others) was a change in the bass. Something tonal has improved nicely, not just texture. The imaging was noticably improved too.

That's all I remember. It was last week!
  • Has anyone tried it without iTunes integration?  A few users on CA reporting that it sounds better running in isolation.   Will try it later if I get chance.  Tonally I agree this version sounds richer than the previous few which were sounding a fraction too bright in my system.
  • I haven't, and won't tbh James. I need itunes integration, otherwise the whole experience just gets too computer-y. I will not drag and drop files to listen to music, even if it does sound better.

At least with an ipod touch, I don't have to touch the computer, its just a touch screen remote.

Anyone want a Werthers? ;)
  • I feel it's ironed out a bit of an upper bass hump that I've occasionally heard.

I'd go with the texture thing, too.

It is rather too much like hard work without iTunes, but after my bleatings about iTunes recently, maybe I ought to try in au naturel (see what I did there?).