M2Tech have. new dac!

edited June 2013 in Digital
M2Tech have just released a new HiFace DAC, async USB 24/384, 3.5mm mini jack output, primarily aimed I guess at the headphone user, but can output to your main system.
Any headphone users on 'Chews'?
Keith.

Comments

• Didn't @Justin sell all his kit, save for some killer cans and a Weiss 202?
  • I think he did.
  • Hello guys, apologies regarding my lack of input on the forum. I got an email alert regarding the above. I still have the Grado PS1000 headphones, and still love them hugely. I sold on the Weiss, as I was starting to struggle justifying the cost of it just being used in a headphone only system. With the proceeds I bought a Naim UnitiQute, Nap100 power amp, and a DAC-V1, complete with a pair of Focal 1007be speakers. The DAC-V1 sits on my bedside table with a Apple TV, connected to the Grado's. Not as musical as the Weiss, but at 25% of the price, not bad either. The Qute is connected to the Focal's in the lounge, and is the best single piece of hi-fi, I ever purchased, totally changing the way I listen to music. It has thought me the often overlooked source of Internet radio.
    How does the new arrival sound Keith?

Kind regards

Justin
  • That's quite a change, Justin. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though. Are the Focals as good as I suspect they are? They look pretty special to me.
  • Hi Alan, yeah quite a change of direction. I wanted to step away from trying to go high end, and all that it entails, besides, I was getting to the point of listening to the equipment not the music. The little Qute just let's me enjoy the music, all for little outlay. Yes the Focals are very good, I have had the Ovators on loan this week, with a view of buying the demo pair, but the Focals were better!!
  • Just to answer a few questions, the HiFace dac will play any file up to and including 24 /384.
    Drivers are not needed for Mac or Linux, and only for Windows with files over 24/96.
    I use a Belkin 3.5mm mini jack to RCA cable ,sound quality is outstanding .
    Price is £185 delivered and including vat.
    Full refund if you are not delighted!
    KR Keith.