Caption competition #6

edited June 2013 in Other stuff

Comments

• Midlife crises had taken their toll on the Audiochews mod' team. Dave had even bought a T-shirt to match the drivers in the Royd replacements.
  • Ben continues to augment his Cube speakers with old Goodmans' off ebay, and feels he is getting somewhere.

Meanwhile, Dave grows a goatee and joins Ben's band.
  • New speaker designed, by a society of NONSUCH Music Critics were all things sound the same. Especially after good beer and a long subjective listening test.  
  • Ben sorts some "competition" for the Reference Fidelios but worries he may still not have enough stacked units to deliver the bass needed.
  • Ben sorts some "competition" for the Reference Fidelios but worries he may still not have enough stacked units to deliver the bass needed.
    ^ This.
    :-D

• "Speaker-shaped aliens invade Earth and do a DIY build of a Ben™ and an Alan™. Both units have escaped and malfunctioning. Mostly harmless." 
  • "Speaker-shaped aliens invade Earth and do a DIY build of a Ben™ and an Alan™. Both units have escaped and malfunctioning. Mostly harmless." 
    That's right Jason. "Mostly harmless". We are no threat to your safety. None at all. "Mostly harmless" we are.

Remember that now.
  • edited June 2013
    Ben sorts some "competition" for the Reference Fidelios but worries he may still not have enough stacked units to deliver the bass needed.
    Yeah yeah Paul...
    I know you like to indulge in all this "engineering", showy cabinet work, expensive refurbed drivers and redesigned crossovers, when we all know that all you really need to do is disconnect the mid and trebble units from some old battered 70s speakers, stick them under your existing speakers, and hook them up to some daisy-chained cheapish integrated amp.
    Fidelos...? Pah.
  • My secret's out.  Yes, it's really several dozen old Amstrad amps bridged into some JBL car subs cleverly hidden inside the paper mache "speakers". 

I tried using some cube thingys and Goodmans bass boxes as a little bird said it was the "in thing" but it failed to scare next door neighbours cats who are sensitive to infrasonic quakes, so I had to switch back to the Fidelios.
  • edited June 2013
    "Speaker-shaped aliens invade Earth and do a DIY build of a Ben™ and an Alan™. Both units have escaped and malfunctioning. Mostly harmless." 
    That's right Jason. "Mostly harmless". We are no threat to your safety. None at all. "Mostly harmless" we are.
    Remember that now.
    Hmm... mindless gibbering from the Ben™ - it's worse than I thought. It'll be singing Daisy Daisy any time now and calling everyone Dave...
  • ...you obviously haven't seen Ben after a few bottles of Spanish Lager  =))
    Remember that now.
    Hmm... mindless gibbering from the Ben™ - it's worse than I thought. It'll be singing Daisy Daisy any time now and calling everyone Dave...
    It's all those years of listening to gabba back in the day that did it for him, poor chap.
  • Did someone mention listening to Abba back in the day?  :x :\">
  • Yes, but we're trying to ignore it ;-)