Glasto on the Beeb

i've put the TV through the big rig and am pleasantly surpised by the SQ. Much better than Later...

So far the most I've enjoyed an act is Tom Tom Club. 

What have you enjoyed?

Comments

• I left mine running through the AV surround sound system and listened on Beeb2 HD...sound was ok but badly mixed by the engineers...again. Music is way quieter than the voices of the bleeding commentators so I had to dive for the volume control every time one of them opened their mouths.

I enjoyed Seasick Steve's hour on the big stage last night...a very musically entertaining...err...entertainer!
  • I'm listening to the Glasto channel via Vigin Media. I've listened live and on playback, and so far haven't suffered loud commentators (phew!).
  • Its probably just the way they compress the signal for TV listening David.  Lots of radio stations do the same thing and it's really noticeable after listening to the main system. 
  • Enjoying Arctic Monkeys taped from last night.
  • Its probably just the way they compress the signal for TV listening David.  Lots of radio stations do the same thing and it's really noticeable after listening to the main system. 
    It's a bit compressed, but not as bad as your average chart album!
  • Watching Goat on playback. This is the best so far.
  • I got back this afternoon and thankfully now smelling sweeter !

Highlight for me was Nick Cave - sounding totally brutal (in a good way) and completely engaged the crowd. Not sure if there's any highlights on BBC. Will have a dig through the Sky+ recordings :)
  • I was so busy last week/weekend that I missed almost all of it! :( I caught 20 mins of Rolling stones.20 mins of Public enemy, 20 mins of Mumford & sons, 5 mins of Bobby Womack, a bit of Chase & Status (great to see Andy Gangadeen and his circular drum rack once again - I thought he retired to produce records)... all in all I was pretty bored with what I did see, I wish I had caught some of the more interesting stuff.

The crowd looked pretty happy though, and the SQ was OK through my humble little system.
  • I got back this afternoon and thankfully now smelling sweeter !

Highlight for me was Nick Cave - sounding totally brutal (in a good way) and completely engaged the crowd. Not sure if there's any highlights on BBC. Will have a dig through the Sky+ recordings :)
    I didn't catch Nick Cave, but I think he's on playback. Will have a look.
  • I was so busy last week/weekend that I missed almost all of it! :( I caught 20 mins of Rolling stones.20 mins of Public enemy, 20 mins of Mumford & sons, 5 mins of Bobby Womack, a bit of Chase & Status (great to see Andy Gangadeen and his circular drum rack once again - I thought he retired to produce records)... all in all I was pretty bored with what I did see, I wish I had caught some of the more interesting stuff.

The crowd looked pretty happy though, and the SQ was OK through my humble little system.
    I caught a little bit of Bobby Womack, too, and wasn't sure about him. Will look for him on playback as, for my money, he's the greatest soul singer of them all.
  • Hi - The whole Nick Cave set is on the BBC Glastonbury website :)
  • Thanks for that. I'll give him a go.
  • I watched Bobby Womack last night - about an hour of the 90 minutes before SWMBO intervened ;-)

What a contrast between the Damon AllBran band in the first set and the professional musicians in the second! I'm going to have to try watching it again before it disappears.