RFC Mansions Bake Off

Comments

• We're all committed........ 8-}
  • I forgot to say, I'll probably also bring one of my home made PC transports in case we feel like some non-CD digital...
    So I can bring a USB drive and plug in presumably?
    Yep, sure can.
    Thanks Jason
  • We're all committed........ 8-}
    Speak for yourself!  :-B
  • OK Folks

I have confirmation now for the following attendees:

Doc;
    David;
    James;
    Jason.

Martin is a maybe and col is a maybe.  Perhaps the maybes can confirm a "yay" or "nay"

Kit which I'll have set up will include:

Sources:  Garrard 401;  Michell Gyrodeck;  Consonance Droplet;  HiSound Audio Digital hi Res player

Amps:  Croft Micro pre;  Ear 869;  Jolida JD 502

Speakers:  Reference Fidelios

Cables:  RFC Neptune/Pluto/Mercury/Venus;  Talk 3

• Hi Paul,

Assuming by Martin you mean James :), then I won't be there as I'm stuck in hospital at moment and need to rest for a couple of weeks when I come out.

Have a great day.

James
  • Sorry James...yes, of course. Hope you make a speedy recovery!
  • We also have @sovereign - or is he the James in the definites?
  • Damn user IDs!
    I think Sovereign is (another) James.
    Am I Dave? I forget.
  • No, you're Muriel  8-}
  • edited September 2013
    I am a Ducky mmm nice  8-} Quacks need not apply. 
  • I'll be there, I tempted  to bring my BPS for Jason to hear, but would be difficult to instal if there is a lot else going on.
    Secondly it is still in DIY format as I have not made it up yet
  • I'll be there, I tempted  to bring my BPS for Jason to hear, but would be difficult to instal if there is a lot else going on.
    Ah, go on...

• Come up as soon as you're ready and I'll have "your" speakers warmed up for you ben  ;)
    Yes. You've only got them on loan remember...
    Actually James my 5kva BPS from Airlink has just been delivered :)
    So hopefully I'll be hearing it for myself this weekend if Carol and I can get the living room *finally* finished (it's been a bit of an epic)
  • With luck if Alan got home, he may bring his Magnum Pre-amp.

• edited September 2013
    With luck if Alan got home, he may bring his Magnum Pre-amp.

I wouldn't want to put the space/time continuum at risk; the bass is rather 'quick' now you modified the output ;)

Perhaps you would like to mention how the damping factor was affected by your little tweaks?

Not bad, for an old biscuit tin! :D

• With luck if Alan got home, he may bring his Magnum Pre-amp.

I wouldn't want to put the space/time continuum at risk; the bass is rather 'quick' now you modified the output ;)

Perhaps you would like to mention how the damping factor was affected by your little tweaks?

Not bad, for an old biscuit tin! :D

Did you nic my chocolate digestive again, no wonder I could not find the tin, eat them and nic tin, But you missed the Kit-Kats he he mine all mine.
  • You're not munching on the local cats again are you? Tiddles' owner will be most upset
  • Nice with fried onions and garlic I can recommend it like "Cat Burger Are You" quick food shops. MMM I fancy one now. They have a amazing music system playing "Catoballing and The Worthing Hummers" Manly low level jazz with some Punk.

• I like the anchovy and fermented crab topping they have in some branches. Do they have that up your way?
  • I like the anchovy and fermented crab topping they have in some branches. Do they have that up your way?
    I'd imagine if Col has a case of fermented crabs "up his way" he'd know all about it  =))
  • Paul, I know you said you didn't have any more of the Jolida DAC's but did I read somewhere you had a few more come in?
  • PACPAC
    edited September 2013
    Paul, I know you said you didn't have any more of the Jolida DAC's but did I read somewhere you had a few more come in?
    Just sold the last one unfortunately but will have an order for some new ones once I can gauge which will be the more popular models that people are after. I may have a JD502 valve amp available for a trial but I know it's the DAC you were interested in. As an introductory offer, I will be offering the brand new and upgraded FXIII Tube DAC at the same price as the older one once I get my hands on the new stock!  I'll be offering a 5% discount to all AC members on that one too.
  • So what is the final price?
  • £518 to AC members for the first 10 ordered, thereafter £550 for the MkIII. The new Fusion is coming out too which is even better...a true "high end" DAC.  I've yet to fix the price for that but it'll be around £2450.
  • £518 to AC members for the first 10 ordered, thereafter £550 for the MkIII. The new Fusion is coming out too which is even better...a true "high end" DAC.  I've yet to fix the price for that but it'll be around £2450.
    You're a cruel man Paul.
    There I am holding down a decent paying job for years, and then the moment i get made redundant and have to start up my own business and have no money it's all "The World's grestest speakers" and Jolida discounts from RFC.
    Coincidence? I doubt it very much indeed thank you very much.
  • What business are you starting Ben?

• :))

I'm sure that knowing you Ben, you're doing very well by your talent and efforts and better off in more ways than one working for yourself!
    ;)

The Fidelios still have your name on them (a brass plaque saying "Leave off, these are mine")

www.behaviour-support.co.uk

It's very similar to what i was doing before for the council until the charming Mr Gove decided to restructure.
    Tbh it's been exciting and has turned what could have been terrible time (redundancy) into a very positive experience. Like refoaming an old JPW cone, creativity is good. And I'm better at my job, so i get to feel proud too!

• :))

I'm sure that knowing you Ben, you're doing very well by your talent and efforts and better off in more ways than one working for yourself!
    ;)

The Fidelios still have your name on them (a brass plaque saying "Leave off, these are mine")

Just a plaque? I was promised booby traps.

Thanks for the confidence. It's been slow to steady so far this term (just 8 days in) but i did expect that. The rhythm of the school year is an undulating curve. The end of the school year just gone was manic and i was able to attract too much business, so i'll have to learn to even out feast and famine.

www.behaviour-support.co.uk

It's very similar to what i was doing before for the council until the charming Mr Gove decided to restructure.
    Tbh it's been exciting and has turned what could have been terrible time (redundancy) into a very positive experience. Like refoaming an old JPW cone, creativity is good. And I'm better at my job, so i get to feel proud too!
    Well done for working it out for the good!
  • Not long to go....just picking out the music for tomorrow:

....Val Doonican, amateur operatic arias for the hard of hearing by Benjamima Brittonish;  Country & Western - best line dance themes;  Ukulele Gold;  Skiffle greats on '78;  best of the Yfront factor (sequel to X Factor).

That should do nicely...8->  :-&
  • That's it. I'm not coming!!

....Val Doonican, amateur operatic arias for the hard of hearing by Benjamima Brittonish;  Country & Western - best line dance themes;  Ukulele Gold;  Skiffle greats on '78;  best of the Yfront factor (sequel to X Factor).

Well it's a step up from last time. At least i can say that.

That's all double Dutch to me. Most of my music is on my laptop. Ill bring a few CDs if you have a digital front end

That's all double Dutch to me.

Then you sir are one lucky fellow.
  • @PAC and @figlet108 - a question about disk formatting.

I'm bringing along my choons on a USB disk, which is currently Apple formatted. Will that play with the gear tomorrow, or should I reformat it - and if so, which format? 
  • There has been mention of people bringing different bits and bobs.  What have people actually decided to bring?

• Dave, no a Mac formatted disk won't work on a PC (which is what I'm bringing)
    If you can, just format it fat32.

• So there is no point in me bringing my MacBook Pro?
  • Dave, no a Mac formatted disk won't work on a PC (which is what I'm bringing)
    If you can, just format it fat32.

Yup. I know that, which is why I asked ;-)

I think I can do FAT32 from Disk Utility.
  • I'm bringing:
     - EAR 509 power amps
     - A TFS-like PC transport
     - A hifimediy DAC + PSU (~£50)
  • Yes, Disk Utility does fat32
  • So there is no point in me bringing my MacBook Pro?
    Yes, bring it. We can copy your chosen music onto the disk Dave is about to format to fat32 :)
  • There's something intensely reassuring about having Jason around when there's digital audio in the room.
  • Yes, Disk Utility does fat32
    Thought it did. Thanks.
  • There has been mention of people bringing different bits and bobs.  What have people actually decided to bring?

Green Goddess Power Amp.

USB Drive

Ugly music (as opposed to uglymusic) ;-)