M2Tech driver & Apple OSX Mavericks

edited October 2013 in Digital

Comments

• this may be good thing. I've been unsure about the quality if the M2 Tech drivers for some time. maybe an update will help
  • Apparently not just M2Tech that are having problems with the new OS by all accounts.
  • Apparently Apple have done something radical with memory management. I don't know if that's the cause. I must admit I've not gone into a lot of detail, though.
  • The new OS doesn't handshake with the driver, apparently it asks repeatedly for confirmation from the OS which it never receives, there was a similar problem with 10.8.
    Keith.
  • Thanks for that Keith
  • Not much help though,it will get sorted, advice is just to stick with old OS at the moment.
    Keith.
  • Yeah. I haven't upgraded any of my Macs yet. Mr Cautious, me  :-B
  • I understand Chord and Genelec owners are having the same or similar issues, makes me glad I use a dedicated network player rather than my Mac.
    Keith.
  • Isn't it just a case of not upgrading to the latest OS?

I've not upgraded any of my Macs (four at the last count) as I'm awaiting upgraded drivers or other software for each of them.
  • Not entirely relevant, as the boys in Italy haven't sorted out their driver, but I upgraded by late 2010 MacBook Air to Mavericks earlier this week, and it's running faster and smoother. Not by much. But I think, together with the tidying up of the built-in apps, it's a good upgrade.