Spendor and there fantastic service.

edited December 2013 in Loudspeakers
Well like the power mad nutter I am I managed to kill our Spendor AR6A which we use to test and soak amps.
A Bass drive unit smoked it way to the grave and I suspected Spendor to be slow and expensive in response to my request for a new driver.
OK I killed it I should pay for it that how life is, well I called Spendor and a nice man called Rob was so helpful I felt utter surprise at his response.
The next day (Friday 13th) TNT presented us with the replacement driver and by e-mail came the Pro-forma invoice it said F.O.C. I called Rob to check , and it was correct. 
I sent him a e-mail thanking him for Spendor,s amazing service.

So Thank You Spendor 

Comments

• Dave, Just to upset you further we are getting some more Spendors soon. Smaller ones not sure of the number will post latter.
    Also going to re-wire with Tellurium Q cable.
  • Horrible, horrible things, no doubt ;-)

Maybe the re wire will start to redeem them.
  • edited December 2013
    Although they come from my home town, I never had that much time for Spendor (although I have it good authority that Spencer & Doris were lovely people). I still wish I had popped around the corner when their old factory was open & asked for a tour!

However, hearing them driven (or, apparently thrashed to within an inch of their lives) by the new Claymore, or caressed by the Iridium 20 was an absolute pleasure. I takes Dave's criticism about their timing (or lack thereof) in the bass, but for most music they are consummately able. I never felt this way about any Spendor before, so I reckon the amps could be a significant factor here.

Anyways, great service from Spendor, they deserve a shout out for it. Saves me rummaging though their bins for Colin...
  • My prejudice.

I can almost put up with any problem with a piece of hi-fi kit, as long as it times/plays rhythms properly. There is no illusion of music without it.
  • My prejudice.

I can almost put up with any problem with a piece of hi-fi kit, as long as it times/plays rhythms properly. There is no illusion of music without it.
    Timing, phase, and good coffee just adds to the delight and enjoyment for me, listening to all music.
    And for Dave also I suspect when listening to ABBA. 
    >:)
  • One of the few manufacurers speakers i have never heard.

I get the impression they are warm/polite sounding, but this is based on old reviews.

Paul.
  • edited December 2013
    My prejudice.

Timing, phase, and good coffee just adds to the delight and enjoyment for me, listening to all music.
    And for Dave also I suspect when listening to ABBA. 
    >:)
    What is this ABBA thing of which you speak?
  • One of the few manufacurers speakers i have never heard.

I get the impression they are warm/polite sounding, but this is based on old reviews.

Paul.
    That BBC rabbit hole the hi-fi industry sometimes digs itself into ;-)
  • edited December 2013
    One of the few manufacurers speakers i have never heard.

Paul.
    I have a friend in London with a pair of Spendor (can't remember which), and yes Paul, "polite" is how i remember them (in looks and sound).