Amp problem

edited January 2014 in Amplifiers
Too many of them...!

:P
All good ones too...

Comments

• lol.....nice problem to have though :)
  • I believe the manufacturer of some of that gear subscribes to the stool mount philosophy.
  • On a more serious note. Any thoughts?
  • Yes! Will get back to you on that sir...!
  • I'm very impressed with how smooth the ID25 sounds. Most. Realistic. Sound. Eva. The bass goes down deeper than I'm used to as well. Really loving the hi-res sound on my ripped bluray "The Stone Roses: Made of Stone" rockumentary (sorry Colin, but the hi-res digital is doing your old bird proud).
  • Welcome to the club Ben!
  • I'm so glad you like it Ben :)

• Thanks for sorting things Paul. And, for your renovations. :-)
    PM sent...
  • I'm very impressed with how smooth the ID25 sounds. Most. Realistic. Sound. Eva. The bass goes down deeper than I'm used to as well. Really loving the hi-res sound on my ripped bluray "The Stone Roses: Made of Stone" rockumentary (sorry Colin, but the hi-res digital is doing your old bird proud).
    It is OK Ben all digital music causes the maximum appreciation of good analogue music in the end, ask Dave.     >:)
  • Col says he doesn't like digital, but the way his stuff sounds when it plays it says otherwise... O:-) To be fair, I have heard good analogue and it's equally nice as good digital IMHO. I just heaven't heard good analogue in my home system.

So it's a nice amp then, Ben? I had my beady eye on it a few years ago when Paul first out it on the market - never had the readies though. I look forward to a full write up in due course mate.

On the subject of anaolgue, Ben, your TT & cart is probably one the few analogue front ends I would buy, and blindly at that. How is it sounding though Col's analogue-wonder-amp?
  • Alan - write up will come soon...When I have time.
    I haven't had vinyl for ages. My NVA phono stage appears to be knackered, and the Claymore had been out of action (now mended).
    It's great to have it back. I do like the Decca Super Gold cart, it's really...digital sounding :P ... and the bass that is coming from it and all the way through to the RFC-Goodwoods is wonderful (thus the "Hazardous Dub Company" choice listed elsewhere here. All very revealing too...so I really must clean some of these LPs. :\">
  • Mmmm. Mr Wonfor's bass fixation?
  • edited February 2014
    ...might have something to do with it...!
  • Me a fixation never,  OK chocolate then, redheads, earthquakes.
  • Bass fixation causes earthquakes. QED!
  • QED braided unstable on some amps, great for mooring boats up here in Somerset as anybody go some?