Comments

• edited March 2014
    I can never seem to post a photo here,  Keith.

Just paste the image's URL into the little window after you've clicked on the image button and you're done! 

Dave
  • Photo or not it is super, it is a preamp now with variable analogue output, it's remote can also control your playback software, as well as source,volume, phase etc, and the sound is wonderful.
    Keith.
  • Looks nice, Keith, though I mourn the passing of the matrix display.

In your experience, does it sound better to you than the previous version? Or is the main point here an improved product through an expanded feature set?
  • Will our current outboard PSUs work with the new one?
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks for the photo job!
    I believe all the existing power supplies will work, but I will have to confirm, the unit I have is slightly pre production.
    My image button is greyed out?
    Marley and Young side by side, 
    imageKeith.
  • More details can be found here,

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/youngdsd.html

Keith.

• edited April 2014
    The new Young is reviewed expertly by Simon ( @sq225917 ) over here, on pfm.

It reads like it's a really good follow up to the mk1, probably sounds very similar (or the same?) but with more features. I'm not sure I'd need DSD capability but it wouldn't hurt - however having a well sorted volume control & remote function would be most suitable (my pre has no remote, I'm getting too much exercise).

I wonder how well it could drive my amps by itself as it has a class A output, or if my pre is adding more to my system? It would be interesting to find out.
  • I've just sold my Mk1 to make way for the DSD version
    ;)
  • Just for the DSD facility or more?
  • Interested in DSD and also wanted current technology as well as full Mavericks compatibility. It will be interesting to hear how they compare. I won't be able to do A/B testing as the Mk1 has already left for it's new owner.

I've also sold my SQ made power supply but will add something else later :)
  • Yeah. That Mavericks capability is something that's made me think I'll be looking for a good secondhand Mac mini as a new one won't be compatible with my Young.

I haven't tried or heard DSD. So far no music I've wanted has come up in the format, so I think I'm hapopy where I am at the moment. What have you found in DSD?
  • There's a few bits on here I might have a try of once the new Young arrives :)

• Thanks Adrian

I hadn't seen that site
  • As I am in the market for a new DSD capable DAC, i reckon now is the time to start seeing what is out there and available. Some friends of mine in the States turned me on to this spreadsheet which covers an array of units: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgVhKcl_3lHfdFVyenBBNjNpQ2lieG81WGpqQTNfVUE#gid=0  Interestingly, M2Tech and some other recognizable brands were not on the list. 

i will hopefully be kicking the tires of a M2Tech Young DSD unit this coming week. I read with interest a review which compared it to the similar MYTEK unit noted that the YOUNG DSD sounded warmer than the MYTEK, but lacked its detail and punch.  Not entirely sure what to make of that.

• Hi David

I just realised that no one had commented on your post.

I, for one, would be very interested in your thoughts about the new Young DSD.