National Audio Show - Whittlebury

Any of you gals or guys visiting the NAS at hittlebury this coming weekend?  If so, why not pop in and say "Hi".  I'll be in Syndicate 6 (Albarry Music);  pop in for a listen (The Rhapsodys will be there).

Comments

• Shame I'm not there Paul.

Have a great show.
  • I was considering this, but my bday has got in the way.
    I'm confident you will get much positive exposure there Paul! :-)
  • Thanks Chaps. Should be an interesting show.  Best wishes in advance Ben and use the bus-pass wisely ;)
  • Thanks Paul! :-)
    Have an enjoyable and rewarding weekend. (Photos please.)
  • Right, I've got a day pass to attend.  Will pop in and say hi Paul.  Looking forward to hearing your speakers.
  • Post lots of pictures James
  • Will do mate.
  • PACPAC
    edited September 2014
    Had a good show overall and even managed to get to speak to a fellow "Chewer" (nice to have met you James).

Despite the limitations of the room which did us no favours at all, we still had a surprising number of people tell us that it was their "sound of the show" which was fantastic to hear.  Both Albarry Music kit and the Rhapsodys seem to have generally gone down well  A few pics from our little room (sorry for the poor quality):

I didn't get a chance to visit may other rooms but liked what I heard coming out of the room with the little AN/K s.  The Pluto speakers (a Linkwitz design) sounded very musical and airy with simpler recorded material and the large Tannoy Kingdoms were something to behold (sonically and visually).
  • I'm really chuffed you got such positive feedback Paul. Those speakers of yours richly deserve it.
    (Prestigious hook-up with Albarry too....!)
  • I'm glad you had a good show Paul.
  • Very nice to meet you as well Paul. I thought your speakers sounded great on the end of those Albarry amps.

The show overall I thought was enjoyable. I was fearing elevator Jazz in every room but to my surprise there was a wide range of enjoyable music, with only a handful of dubious recordings.

This was the first show where I've heard a full Audio Note system and I sat in that room for ages! It was a base system but it's got me pondering a future move to one or two Audio Note components.

Sound of the show for me was a close run thing between a mega DCS/Wilson Audio and an Acapella horn system. DCS's digital stack sounded breathtaking - never heard such a natural, unforced and musical sound.....my only gripe was the £100k+ price tag! The DCS rep was happy to chat at length about their new DAC and played whatever the audience had brought along.

• Good to meet you too James.  Yes, those little AN/Ks sounded very good and many people thought that the base AN system sounded better than the large system this year.  An OTO SE and a set of AN/Ks is a great way to make music.

Glad you liked the Albarry room...it remained pretty packed out most of Sunday.