Raptors Completed!

My new stand mount speaker, the Raptor, is now completed  :D

Sound quality has exceeded expectations...bass especially is immense for their size as is the overall scale.  Imaging is very good and they do the disappearing trick very well once the music starts which I like (I hate hearing music being obvious from each speaker, boxed in so to speak).

All in all very happy with the outcome.  Another set being started, this time in Curly Maple finish.

Comments

• They look nice Paul.
  • Very impressive finish (of course).
    I like the double grille look. :)
  • Thanks gents.  This (Oak) pair have been finished with many coats of Liberon finishing oil (lightly rubbed down between coats) and built to a nice deep sheen which hasn't come across very well.  The next set which are in a Curly Maple will be getting a water based General Finishes premium lacquer top coat for a high gloss finish over the highly figured grain.   Harder to get right (flawlessly) but can reward with a stunning finish.  The finishing alone takes quite a few days, done properly.

You'll have to pop over for a listen (maybe next week?) Ben as this pair are due for dispatch at the end of the week.
  • These look great Paul.  Very high WAF points with that lovely finish.  Can I ask how big they are?

James
  • You'll have to pop over for a listen (maybe next week?) Ben as this pair are due for dispatch at the end of the week.

Thanks Paul. This is something I'd love to do. :) Thanks

I won't manage it this week unfortunately. Possibly the week after that...?

• These look great Paul.  Very high WAF points with that lovely finish.  Can I ask how big they are?

James
    Hi James.  Thank you.

They are 520mm tall, 350 deep and 245 wide.  Each one hefts in at around 16Kg.
  • You'll have to pop over for a listen (maybe next week?) Ben as this pair are due for dispatch at the end of the week.

This pair will be going to a new owner this week Ben but pop along in a few weeks when I have the demo Raptors completed.  The demo versions will be in a highly figured American Curly Maple veneer which should be winging its way over from the Sates shortly.  They also have slightly higher sensitivity and improved damping factor due to a switch to very low (very heavy!) DCR inductors. 

James
    Hi James.  Thank you.

They are 520mm tall, 350 deep and 245 wide.  Each one hefts in at around 16Kg.
    Thanks Paul.

This pair will be going to a new owner this week Ben but pop along in a few weeks when I have the demo Raptors completed.  The demo versions will be in a highly figured American Curly Maple veneer which should be winging its way over from the Sates shortly.  They also have slightly higher sensitivity and improved damping factor due to a switch to very low (very heavy!) DCR inductors. 
    Great. Looking forward to that. Will be in touch. :)