My amps for sale :(

edited April 2015 in For sale
I really didnt want to do this as i love my amps but the missus is on my case and i really am stuck for space,so im having to sell them. Magnum MP250 pre with seperate PSU built by Colin, 2 Magnum MF 300 power amps all with original boxes and all working perfect and in beautiful condition, Colin has heard them working. Im looking for £550.   God knows what im going to replace them with but hey something will turn up.

Comments

• This sounds like sad news.
    A good deal there for someone...
  • It is very sad news for me,after all those years searching I found amps I really enjoy then they have to go :( but hopefully someone elsewill enjoy them or the missus will see sense
  • Sounds like a bargain for someone.

I take it you've tried flowers, chocolate, hypnosis...?
  • edited April 2015
    I even cooked the dinner
  • Can't you disguise the amps?
  • edited April 2015
    Could you not sell the missus instead?

How much space do amps really take? :P 
  • There not massive in size just 4 boxes,i can get away with 2 boxes but 1 would be better
  • This is a crying shame for me, hope you can find a compromise & keep the amps.
  • It is for me but she wont budge.
  • Does your wife not have her own toys? :D
  • Modify them into a washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, maybe hide them in the walk in wardrobe =;
  • Lol wished i could hide,disguise them .  But they have to go  so now the price is £500
  • Aren't the MF300s stereo amps?  If that's the case couldn't you keep one of them and sell the pre and the other stereo power and then get yourself a one box pre?
  • Yes they are stereo power amps,but i just need to get one box
  • Does that one box need to contain a phono stage for the upcoming michell gyro?
  • Yes it most certainly does
  • might have a bit lea way I miggt get away with selling a power amp
  • Would be worth investigating.  I doubt you'd hear much difference.
  • If you can get away with selling a power amp, that's probably the way to go. Certainly it'll save you money.

Why not just unplug one this evening and see what the effect on the sound will be?
  • Yep ive done it so i shall sell one. £200 for 1 power amp
  • Nope they have to go i cant win this one :(
  • Anyone on here,before they go to a shop
  • Is this thread closed now you're selling one of the amps?
  • Yes please close thread. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.