Yet more speakers......

One can never have too many....

Untitled

Untitled

This is a pair of ART Alnico 8 loudspeakers finished in American oak :x. These were kindly delivered by the Ramsay brothers who own ART and interestingly also Systemdek which I didn't realise until yesterday. I've got them for a week or so and intend to get as many hours listening as possible....which will be quite easy when they sound as good as they look.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    They are a somewhat different proposition to my ageing, cheapo Wharfdales...! :D
    Yours do look luverly... :)
  • Very nice!
  • edited May 2015
    They do look good, especially compared to my kitchen work tops

[Docfoster Edit ... James, you really must learn how to post a piccie ... :-B ]
  • edited May 2015
    Your links aren't working James.

[Docfoster Edit ... now ficsed... ]
  • edited May 2015
    Anyone fancy a project...?
    18 drivers (including the big ones round the back) in one old pair of Goodmans... >:)
    £14.99...?!
    Hubba Hubba...
    http://ebay.co.uk/itm/291467451231?nav=SEARCH
  • YOU NEED TO SEEK COUNCIL BEN, Either that or a beating from the wife.
  • Ben needs a "Mutley" Medal pinned to his chest for services to speaker hoarding.

18 Drivers?  No probs Ben.  Crossover for that could take a while though....
  • He's really not well, Paul, but he's on the next series of The Speaker Hoarder Next Door, so they'll sort him out.
  • Dave, you should send in that busty woman with the white coat and latex gloves from 'How Clean is Your House' she'll sort him out, good and proper! X_X
  • The imagery of Ben being sorted out by a busty woman wearing latex gloves has just put me off pudding James.... :-&
  • The imagery of Ben being sorted out by a busty woman wearing latex gloves has just put me off pudding James.... :-&
    Have you lot seen my wife's Facebook page, then...?
  • edited May 2015
    ;;)
  • Kim Woodburn.jpg
    No "hubba hubba" for that one I'm afraid...
  • Check out these Dimension 8s...clicky...
    Actually being sold as a table.
    A table.

Not sure whether to applaud the creativity of weap at the sacrilege...

Things of beauty...
    Hmmmm...

Hmmmm......That' s not quite what I had in mind.......................................................

Perhaps it was more like this...............................................................................................................................................

• It's a close call, and I suppose in Dursley beggars can't be choosers, but I think I'll stick with mine if that's OK...
    :D
  • Just stop stealing our Dursley Gals Ben and come take your own away  :P
  • edited May 2015
    Time for the female voice of this forum to speak up I think, before you lads get yourselves into too much of a frenzy!
    It is, of course, a female who has come to save Ben from his speaker hoarding, Though the bustiness of said gal shall remain rightfully undeclared!!
    Yes, I have heroically stepped in and relieved Ben for the time being of his Wharfdales, which are doing a very fine job of bassing up my place a treat.
    B-)
    Am at the mo maxing bass by only having them slightly raised, and pushed quite close to the wall (which is making the water in the fish tank ripple nicely!) Ideally need a slightly higher rise but, god , this stuff's expensive if you actually have to fork out for it as opposed to nicking it off your mates!
    No idea how to post piccies, but you lot seem to have sufficiently vivid imagination 
    :D

[Docfoster edit...
    Ere yew go...]

• Glad you've been having fun.
    I was quite surprised once I'd got them up and running how OK they were.
    Sound like a proper 3 way.
    Very position sensitive too, which made them fun to play around with.
    I'll let you have some 9 inch stands I've got for an intermediate height option.
    <:-P
  • BTW I like that you have a piece involving Jah Wobble lined up there...
    Befitting the bass-orientation of the evening.
    B-)
  • Ta for photies.
    Yep, good ole Radio 6 had a well timed bass line up this afternoon :-)
    Thanks for offer of stands. Will defo take you up on those.
  • edited May 2015
    Ta for photies.
    Yep, good ole Radio 6 had a well timed bass line up this afternoon :-)
    Thanks for offer of stands. Will defo take you up on those.
    And just between you and me, and to complete a circle...
    Jah Wobble plays bass on The Orb's "Blue Room", which comes immediately before "Towers of Dub" (that we were discussing off-forum earlier) on the "U.F.ORB" album.

BTW a couple of days ago I ordered the full length CD single of "Blue Room", which at 39:58 minutes is the longest ever single to get into the UK top 40 (peaked at number 8 in 1992). Apparently The Orb had intended in to be a few minutes longer, but at the time Gallop had stipulated that any song over 40 minutes would be classified as an album, and so The Orb cut it down to just under 40 minutes...

You may remember their performance on Top of The Pops comprised of Alex Paterson and, I think, Thomas Fehlmann playing chess on stage as their track played in the background...

Good grief. That was 23 years ago. X_X

• Ooh. I'll see if the Jah Wobble is on iPlayer. I's partial to a bit of Wobble.
  • Just tried Jah Wobble on the H2s and it made just about everything wobble @-)
  • No wibbling with the wobbling, then?
  • PACPAC
    edited May 2015
    Absolutely no wibbling to report, only wobbling.  If the H2s were to wibble, then wobble, they'd all fall down.
  • No they wouldn't...

• That's weebling, Doc. A kind of strange Frensch variation on wibbling, I think you'll find.
  • That's weebling, Doc. A kind of strange Frensch variation on wibbling, I think you'll find.
    Ah. So to "garlic-eating surrender-monkeys" we can now add the prefix "weebling"...

8-|
  • Got half an eye on this...

Clicky
    Ah. So to "garlic-eating surrender-monkeys" we can now add the prefix "weebling"...

8-|
    Ah so. "Weebling garlic-eating surrender-monkeys" in its fullness.

Clicky
    You know that's a bass cab, don't you? Or are you going to use it for your Jaco-esque ambitions?

Clicky
    You know that's a bass cab, don't you? Or are you going to use it for your Jaco-esque ambitions?
    I know what it is.
    I'm sure I can work out something to do with an 18 inch bass driver...
    Not sure what that something might be...
    Subwoofer project...?
    @-)