For sale: TOCA 20W Class A

edited July 2015 in For sale
For sale, my TOCA SECA 20W CLASS A, partly refurbished, new caps throught, trim pots, toroidals, ceramic pads, new FETS, Dalingtons, open to offers

Comments

• One channel working fine, the other keeps blowing a fuse
  • edited July 2015
    How much Mark???

Possible dead FET,s or Darlington, and maybe a Cap.
    Quickie has the Gerber file to make new TOCA PCB,s but they are not cheap to make, with tooling etc.
    The parts to rebuild it should be less than £200.00 but the PCB may cost that much to tool up for.
    The Alternative is to remove both PCB's and FIT the SECA KIT PCB's instead. cost total £300.00 or less, the heatsinks will allow about 25W/Ch.

But it will look niceeeeeee 
    :x

Is it like the small one with out the Knobs or is it Aluminium fronted version Mark ??
  • Wht doesn't mine have a marble fascia...?
    X(
  • You've lost your marbles? 
  • Mine is the marble fronted one with no knows, I would be grateful of any help to keep this beauty alive
  • Mark, I enjoy my TOCA but have minimal technical knowledge.
    Oddly, in the 18 months I've had it, it's blown 2 internal fuses (different ones each time). Not sure why (wasn't using it differently, I think I recall that one went on start up). Once replaced the amp's worked fine and neither has blown again.
    Other than a general connection with blown fuses, I'm aware that's not really very relevant, let alone helpful.
    Bloomin' amazing amp tho. Well worth saving if at all possible.
    Mine was refurbed / rebuilt by Quickie (Paul) before I bought it. He knows what he's doing.
  • Mine is the marble fronted one with no knows, I would be grateful of any help to keep this beauty alive
    The one with the knobs is a pre-amp.
  • Bloomin' amazing amp tho. Well worth saving if at all possible.
    Mine was refurbed / rebuilt by Quickie (Paul) before I bought it. He knows what he's doing.
    Yup. Mr Quick is your man for breathing new life into all things Wonfor, as recommended by Mr W himself.
  • Send it too me Mark, and i'll have a looksie.........
  • Send it too me Mark, and i'll have a looksie.........

=D>
  •  
      Its alive :)

• Cases.
    Overrated.
    :-@
  • Seriously, good work! :D
  • Are you some sort of sorcerer Paul...?
  •  
     More like tragic powers !
  • Well, Shakespeare's tragedies were his best works too...
    Just stop your powers going comedic...
  • I recognise that heatsink , is that the one that wasn't well?
  • Good work there Paul
  • I'm a very happy chappie
  • edited August 2015
    I'm chuffed to bits for you Mark!
    >:D<

In light of Paul's stirling work, bringing these wonderful things back from the brink, I'm thinking of inserting this as Paul's avatar...

• Thanks Ben, I'm over the moon, brilliant Mr Quick, thankyou
  • edited August 2015
    Feel free to change it to one of your motors Paul!

:D
  • No longer for sale ;)
  • Excellent Mark. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.