Commenting not allowed?

edited February 2011 in Requests and comments
I understand that rules and notices are covered by this, but wondered why the thread on 'Live Music' is locked against replies.

No doubt a default clicked by accident.

I would love to comment as I love live music, and will swap a little clarity for a lot of spontaneity.

Please delete this thread if it was an accidental switch.

All the best.

Jamie

Comments

• Hi Jamie

I just commented on it, but I'm an Admin.

Can you try again, please?
  • Thanks, it is all working OK now.

Please feel free to delete this thread.
  • I think I found out what was wrong.

The Discussion was set up in the Music category. Vanilla shouldn't allow this to happen. All new Discussions should be set in any of the sub-categories (the ones with the right-angled arrows).

I'll leave this thread live so everyone knows there's a bug in Vanilla.
  • Oops.
    I thought my deliberate attempt at inflammation had fallen a bit flat...!
    Thanks Dave for sorting it.
    Ben
  • No probs. That's what I'm here for. I think  ^:)^
  • May be, but your mod's are supposed to help remove problems rather than present you with new ones... :">
  • Nah. You've got to find problems as well.
  • Aaargh. Now I have done it too. I tried to post a new topic in 'Music' as a general discussion,. rather then under the subheadings, and I seem to ave created a topic that can not be added to.

Please either move to singer/songwriter / folk / rock etc, or amend as you see fit.

It is a general new releases topic that I though could cover lots of types of music.

Sorry.
  • Don't worry Jamie - I can't for the life of me understand what is wrong. Dave or Jim will likely move it soon for you.
  • Aaargh. Now I have done it too. I tried to post a new topic in 'Music' as a general discussion,. rather then under the subheadings, and I seem to ave created a topic that can not be added to.

Please either move to singer/songwriter / folk / rock etc, or amend as you see fit.

It is a general new releases topic that I though could cover lots of types of music.

Sorry.
    No worries mate.

Can you try clicking on Edit at the top of the Discussion's window. That should allow you to change the category.

Maybe we should set up a 'new releases' category. We'll see how it goes.
  • edited February 2011
    How about setting up a new releases category?

I have tried to change it to other music, but it told me that I could not edit it.
  • OK. Give me couple of minutes.
  • There you go.