Lionel

Recently discovered that Lionel Richie is to play Kingsholm stadium (Gloucester) next June.
This made for a very convenient birthday present for my wife.
Since buying the tickets though I've been forced to comfront an embarrassing fact about myself: That I quite like Lionel Richie. I am really looking forward to seeing the show. I think I may have gone on my own, even if my wife wasn't a fan...
I'm not sure why I feel embarrassed about making this announcement: He has good-pop-music credentials over a long period (writing and performing). He always comes across as a decent chap in interviews, and from what I've seen on TV, he performs well (expertly and professionally, but not taking himself too seriously).
How do others out there rate Mr. Richie? Be honest. Of course I'd like to be given permission for my fondness, but I'd rather have shaming honesty from you lot than I would lies!
:P

Comments

• I'm not sure I'd go as far as to actually buy tickets to see
    but I thought he was great at Glasto last year (on the TV), comes across well in interviews, etc.

So I pretty much agree with you.
  • uglymusic said:
    I'm not sure I'd go as far as to actually buy tickets to see
    but I thought he was great at Glasto last year (on the TV), comes across well in interviews, etc.

So I pretty much agree with you.
    Thanks Dave. Good to know I haven't completely embarrased myself. I was fearing a prison-shaming here for having admitted that. Means a lot to me that you've put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.
    Also muchos gracias for wheeling out the old Lionel Rich-tea. Brilliant. :-)
  • I also like the older Tom Jones, who seems to be doing just what the hell he likes these days.
  • I've seen him live...three times. He's a brilliant performer but beware the snog fest that will occur all around you during his mushier numbers :x
  • edited December 2015

Brumjam said:
    I've seen him live...three times. He's a brilliant performer but beware the snog fest that will occur all around you during his mushier numbers :x
    Oh God.
    Really...?
    Ew.
  • Brumjam said:
    I've seen him live...three times. He's a brilliant performer but beware the snog fest that will occur all around you during his mushier numbers :x
    PEYOOK!  :-&
  • Docfoster said:

Brumjam said:

Oh God.
    Really...?
    Ew.

Oh yes. Take a mop with you.