Cheap Pre-amp

Comments

• With Auto Active input select.
  • edited February 2016
    That's the one Dave has, no? ;) A very nice little machine. Although, all the titles are for a head-amp.

Colin, what would one do with these layouts? Can they be emailed directly to the PCB maker (Keith at Blackwater photographic - looks like they have moved)?
  • ''Colin, what would one do with these layouts? Can they be emailed directly to the PCB maker''

Most of the PCB manufacturers I've used usually require the board layout in CAD form.

Software such a Eagle can do it but I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to such things (so my lecturer kept telling me)

So any Eagle users out there that want to do DIY Audio a big favour? step forward.

Some manufacturers will do the CAD work but TBH it can be hit and miss layout wise.

Any suggestions?

and a question if I may.

Colin I've noticed that you are using a pass transistor on the Voltage regs. which is cool but I've only seen that sort of thing on bigger Power amps. is its function to better isolate the supply from the mains or just to provide a little more beef when needed?

stupid questions are us.(me)

BTW I'm a little unconvinced with the thread title. inexpensive is a much nicer word:))

Just Alan and Mr Average so far but room for more.

• edited February 2016
    I've been on the waiting list for a SECA Pre for, ooh, aeons at last count ;-)
  • Hi Dave

The wait may soon be over:bz

3 it's a magic number oh yes it is a magic number.

do we have 4?