Lovely Lovely Dreadzone

Had been really over excited about seeing Dreadzone tonight ever since I booked the tickets last autumn. So was surprised that this week I had almost forgotten it was happening today. But once I got to the venue, all that excitement came flooding back. I was shaking with expectation, and grinning like a loon long before the band took the stage, and I havent stopped grinning yet. 
I just love this band. I love how anthemic their tunes can be. How they know just how to take the listener (in a live crowd or at home alone) with them on a journey. How interactive they are. How much FUN they just seem to be having, and how contagious that is. Spee's delivery and ridiculous bass is simply awesome. And the trademark use of Powell and Pressburger samples just goes straight to my heart (A Canterbury Tale makes me weep every time I watch it)
A quick browse through Listening to.... will quickly identify my usual morose taste in music (it's been The Firstborn is Dead - Nick Cave all this week!), but Dreadzone is a happy exception. Happiness factor tonight, in fact, is turned up to 11 :-)  

Comments