Another pair takes shape

Currently trying to get the latest set of RFC Canterburys complete.  These are about two weeks away but getting there.  Boxes are for crossovers.

Comments

• Nice veneer Paul.
  • Top top effort there Paul
  • PACPAC
    edited February 2016
    Thanks guys. Looks like any further progress is on hold for a week or so whilst I clear some crossover work backlog. I may complete the boxes and wiring in the next week if I get a chance.  Main speakers need to have tops veneered, all edges cut in for in-letting of solid Oak strips to frame and front baffle and protect vulnerable veneer edges from knocks.  Grille covers then have to be made.  The grills and cabs require 56 neodymium magnets between them!  It's proved to be a very expensive build but hopefully worth the effort.

• edited February 2016
    Ooo. Nice.

I wanted to remind myself what these look like when they're finished, and so Googled "RFC Canterbury", and at first got this :-/ :
    When what I wanted of course were these... :-)

=D> <:-P
  • and we're there:

• Very nice, Paul.

And the Sony supertweeters make all the difference, I'm told :-)
  • They need taking off the wall and stamping on Dave. We've had to endure 5.1 surround sound  through those awful sounding things since the Raptors were spoken for and removed from the system.
  • Very elegant Paul, I am sure they will rightly be cherished by their new owner. Well done!
  • PACPAC
    edited February 2016
    I'm their new owner Alan!  This pair is not for sale...at least not yet.  They're the demo pair for the new RFC Canterbury range to be added to the website soon.  Can't ever see us wanting to change these plus there's no way I'm struggling to move the damned things again!  :)
  • PAC said:
    no way I'm struggling to move the damned things again!  :)
    I hear you, reminds of a nightmare delivery/installation of Tannoy Westminsters up two floghts of stairs (no lift), just the two of us
    :-O
  • You did very well for just the two of you.  Westies are seriously heavy!  These are mere ligtweights by comparison at about 80Kg each.
  • Lovely work Paul I wish I could do that, smashing.
  • Thanks Col.  Your electronic talents far outstrip mine!
  • But that normally never cuts a hand of, or drill into a leg I have. Banned at school from Woodwork and Metalwork had to do Art, yes that made sense, crap at that too. I wanted to do music I already played the clarinet, but no because I did Physics and Chemistry I was not allowed to do music. Stupid schools in Essex. 
  • AntiCrap said:
    I was not allowed to do music.
    Reading that made me feel incredibly sad.
  • PAC said:
    and we're there:

Absolutely love your work Paul. Love it.
    =D>