Slysoft: The Resurrection

Anyone else use a Slysoft product...?
I use AnyDVD HD to enable JRiver to access Blurays. (Works perfectly.)
I discovered today that Slysoft are in a spot of bother.
But, appear to be reforming and making their products available elsewhere.

Comments

• There's a post on the RedFox forum by a member of the development team that I found interesting and (as I'm a user) comforting. Pleasing to read explicit criticism of illegal uses of their software. I've certainly only ever used the software for personal use.

A possibly more objective view of that post, and of the overall situation regarding Slysoft and the new "RedFox" group can be read here.
  • I thought I read they were handing over development to The Family Stone ;-)
  • In the past, I think Slysoft product is good to use. But now all I know is that I was cheated by the company. Why do users have to pay for you extra fee to use the purchased products?

All I know is that it is impossible for users to pay again and it is not fair too. Now I have no idea about the thing. But I promise I will not use the products of the RedFox and I will ask all of my friends not to buy the products from dishonest company.
  • Jim, I don't follow your comment in the light of the following quote.

“This is an intermediate release, so old customers can continue to use their existing AnyDVD license to watch their discs."

The new release is for paid up customers only, or have I got that wrong?

• cj66 said:
    Jim, I don't follow your comment in the light of the following quote. “This is an intermediate release, so old customers can continue to use their existing AnyDVD license to watch their discs." The new release is for paid up customers only, or have I got that wrong?
    This is my understanding. From my POV, I certainly haven't had to re-purchase.
    I seem to recall that I simply downloaded from a link on the new forum and it installed automatically. Updates have continued to be issued, and install fine.
    As far as my experience is concerned the change has been costless and (other than the re-install) seamless.

Regarding the company, they do seem a bit... chaotic...?
    Is anyone aware of an alternative product that works as well?
  • Jimloveu said:

In the past, I think Slysoft product is good to use. But now all I know is that I was cheated by the company. Why do users have to pay for you extra fee to use the purchased products?

All I know is that it is impossible for users to pay again and it is not fair too. Now I have no idea about the thing. But I promise I will not use the products of the RedFox and I will ask all of my friends not to buy the products from dishonest company.
    Jim, or do you mean their fixed term license purchase model? I recall that Slysoft offered various options on this (e.g. 12 months, 36 months etc.,... at accordingly increasing cost). I think they also offer(ed) a lifetime license (top end of price range obviously), for those who wanted a one-off payment for permanent usage.
  • A big fan of their Clone-CD back in the day, still use their Virtual CloneDrive for reading ISO files.
    Bought a few AnyDVD licences for installing on my Korus servers (for those that wanted Bluray functionality on their box)

Shame, Slysoft always seemed one of the good guys, but good to see them going elsewhere.
  • An update on this here:

It seems that as of their most recent update to AnyDVD HD, released this week (20th May 2016), newly purchased license keys are required for RedFox products. The old Slysoft ones are as dead as the company.