DC blocker and filter.

I use this circuit with filters.

The main blocking caps are 2.5 Farads low volts and I do not allow them to be reversed biased more than 0.6VDC, choosing such large caps my seem silly but it works and it does keep the impedance low less than 10mΩ. And means they at high current lets say 10A will only dissipate 1W. and 2500uF will dissipate about 6.5W not good.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Great to see this Colin.
    I'll take at least one!
    James (Sov) and I have been experimenting with these from other sources, and have been shocked that not only do they kill transformer hum, but they seem to effect sound. Even when behind a balanced transformer. Which is impossible...?
    What are your impressions and thoughts on this?
    I feel certain that yours will be the best available. How do I try one? :-)
  • I'm glad someone has explained this a bit.

Was wondering...
  • Was it keeping you up at night there ugly ?
  • Not all night. I couldn't think of enough possibilities for that ;-)
  • AntiCrap said:
    I use this circuit with filters.

The main blocking caps are 2.5 Farads low volts and I do not allow them to be reversed biased more than 0.6VDC, choosing such large caps my seem silly but it works and it does keep the impedance low less than 10mΩ. And means they at high current lets say 10A will only dissipate 1W. and 2500uF will dissipate about 6.5W not good.

Forgive my ignorance please, but is this what you used on my Claymore 2 recently ?? Sorry if that's a dum question.
  • Helen NO, this is a external beasty and big