Mini Amp

This 1W/Ch amp and speaker.

Speaker are Pringle Tin's wrapped in Duck Tape as decoration to match the Granite effect bathroom mug amp from Tesco at £3.50

Total cost less then £20. Bobby built it himself with a little help from me, and his first project, great fun.

Well done Robby.

Comments

• Now that's what I call a cool project.

It's really nice to see something aimed squarely at the beginner as they are the ones who tend to be left behind first on more complex builds.

Having that first taste of success is often all that is needed to set people on the path to a great hobby and lots of fun.

Well done that man.

Absolutely love it.

BTW my first project was a 6EM7 single ended @ about the same power so anyone thinking of having a go should not be put of by 1W.

How about some Open Baffle loudspeakers to match?

• Horns for a second step? :-)
  • Yes why not, let see what ASDA and TESCO have hidden in the back.
  • shoom said:
    Now that's what I call a cool project.

It's really nice to see something aimed squarely at the beginner as they are the ones who tend to be left behind first on more complex builds.

Having that first taste of success is often all that is needed to set people on the path to a great hobby and lots of fun.

Well done that man.

Absolutely love it.

BTW my first project was a 6EM7 single ended @ about the same power so anyone thinking of having a go should not be put of by 1W.

How about some Open Baffle loudspeakers to match?

And we could use cheap car speakers from Halfords or even from a scrap car place.
    Thoughts please.
  • This is the one we used simply and a cheap plug top PSU and a internal +5V post regulator.

Not complex at all and the only SMD is the chip all other parts were leaded.
    Do you want the pcb layout?

• The horn remark was a joke ;-)

Love the idea of a group build, Shaun. 

•  Love it..........great little project Col :)

• edited April 2016
    Bobby took his project to school and the D.T. Teacher made him Red tops on a laser printer for his Pringle Speakers cool.

• edited April 2016
    Good work teach.
    (So does this count as a "group build"?)
  • Imagine if he had a 3D printer.