Unexploded Bomb

Today I was going to see a old friend at Billy Vee Hi-fi in Lewisham to buy and to chat about things.
Billy Vee was the first dealer in the UK that took on the Inca Tech Claymore and they sold more Claymore's than any other dealer in the UK.

Well the road outside was closed of as a 500lb WW2 bomb was found in a building site next door to a Petrol Garage. The whole area was closed of but as normal Ian open his door to me and made me feel welcome even though we had not seen each for over six years.

Thanks for the cup of tea and I hope to see you again soon,

Comments

• AntiCrap said:
    Today I was going to see a old friend at Billy Vee Hi-fi in Lewisham to buy and to chat about things.
    Billy Vee was the first dealer in the UK that took on the Inca Tech Claymore and they sold more Claymore's than any other dealer in the UK.

Well the road outside was closed of as a 500lb WW2 bomb was found in a building site next door to a Petrol Garage. The whole area was closed of but as normal Ian open his door to me and made me feel welcome even though we had not seen each for over six years.

Thanks for the cup of tea and I hope to see you again soon,
    Love it when people take the time to acknowledge such human kindnesses / courtesies.
    Thanks Colin.
  • I know the shop well from living up the road in New Cross.

I don't think I ever bought anything significant there, though :-(
  • edited April 2016
    I drive past that shop most days :/

• edited April 2016
    Yes my family had a good pounding from above during WW2 so no big surprise that they are still finding un exploded bombs.

My mother told me they used to hide in the cellar when they came over and pray plenty as the bangs came closer. 

Now the London is being ripped apart by high rents and council tax (the new blitz?)

• shoom said:
    Yes my family had a good pounding from above during WW2 so no big surprise that they are still finding un exploded bombs.

My mother told me they used to hide in the cellar when they came over and pray plenty as the bangs came closer. 

Now the London is being ripped apart by high rents and council tax (the new blitz?)

Yes ripped apart is right, turning old houses into slums the new slums for of scum for the future, crap everywhere, I hate it.

• Yes I moved to somewhere quieter and slower.

But my heart is still there.
  • Yeah. I know that feeling.

I still love most of it, and will always think of myself as a Londoner.