J.Wright Audio Services

Credit where credit's due.
I've recently used J. Wright Audio Services to refurbish an old cartridge.
Over the years, my Decca London Super Gold had deteriorated to the point where it was too disappointing for me to use. It had been by far the best cart' I'd ever owned, but also the most expensive and I didn't want to fork out for another. I put it away, and out of mind.
Recenlty I came across John's website and asked him for a quote for a refurb. He quoted me a figure that I felt was worth it and so I sent it off to him in Shropshire.
On inspection John reported back to me that the required work was less than a total refurb' and halved the quote.
I've just recieved the Super Gold back from him and it's playing as good as new.
Obviously refurbing cart's is only really worth it for more expensive models, but for me it's really pleasing to find a trustworthy person... :-)

Comments

• It's always good to find someone like that. Well done!
  • A nice cartridge, Tom of Dais Turntable I think used them a lots and fixed them, poor Tom died a few year ago.

• AntiCrap said:
    A nice cartridge, Tom of Dais Turntable I think used them a lots and fixed them, poor Tom died a few year ago.

That's reassuring that he thought well of them. Sad to read of death though.