TOCA SECA with granite faceplate

I am selling my superb TOCA SECA Class A amplifier as I am thinking of trying an active system.

The amp is in excellent condition having a solid granite faceplate. I'm asking £895 plus I have a complete set of spare transistors and power supply caps which will keep the amp going for years to come for an additional £100

Comments

• itsjustme said:
    I am selling my superb TOCA SECA Class A amplifier as I am thinking of trying an active system.

The amp is in excellent condition having a solid granite faceplate. I'm asking £895 plus I have a complete set of spare transistors and power supply caps which will keep the amp going for years to come for an additional £100

No Image

• I have now changed the top cover on the TOCA. As it's class A it runs hot, as you know, and as you see in the photo it has minimal ventilation so i have changed it for one that has slots. (This came off my ID25 which is in a TOCA case)
    The top cover is now black.
  • edited July 2016
    I love my TOCA SECA.
    This looks like a good price.
  • edited July 2016
    Is that Paul old one ? it was the only one like that and it looks like his house.
    Lovely amp Paul did a great job on updating things inside it.
    The original ON/OFF was a gentle touch of the "A" of the TOCA .
    The writing is Gold Leaf and real Gold, OK it is only a few umm thick.
    The stone is Granite and was cut and shaped by Exeter Stone , it was made on the same industrial estate as the TQ products, about 24yrs before TQ.1992
    But not before Alan and I had designs on cable construction techniques .
    And who ever buys it from this forum I can supply circuit diagrams.
  • edited July 2016
    Colin's post-sales' service...
    2nd to none! :-)
  • That's a cracker, especially at that price
  • AntiCrap said:
    Is that Paul old one ? it was the only one like that and it looks like his house.
    The stone is Granite and was cut and shaped by Exeter Stone , it was made on the same industrial estate as the TQ products, about 24yrs before TQ.1992

Yes it was Pauls, it's a fabulous amp but as I'm downsizing it has to go.
  • edited July 2016
    itsjustme said:
    AntiCrap said:

Yes it was Pauls, it's a fabulous amp but as I'm downsizing it has to go.
    NO NO a Homeless SECA Buy it quick somebody,
  • I will include the spare power supply capacitors and transistors in the asking price for a quick sale.
  • I completely rate Quickies work.  If I wanted an amp built I would ask him to do it.
  • Nobody interested in one of Colin's superb amps then?
  •  
     Most here will have an A class already.

To be honest unless you drop the price to £500 or so I don't think you will sell it.

Shame really, I think I paid the best part of a grand for it, and it needed work.
  • What is a real shame the original design did not have the big green button and there were black, this one is a special.
    On the originals, the "A" symbol was a touch switch.
    The internal are the same design except they have been upgraded to better and newer components a bargain, and bloody good workmanship, just magic.
    To build the KIT would cost lots more and time.
  • Still available. make an offer.

• Looks good with the black top plate :)

• quickie said:
    Looks good with the black top plate :)

Definitely better like that.
    And, I do like the granite front plate and Colin's big button. Both very befitting of its impressive sound.
    Utterly well worth an offer.
    I'd buy the front plate and button for mine, if this was being broken up for parts (don't do that!).

• Docfoster said:

quickie said:
    Looks good with the black top plate :)

Definitely better like that.
    And, I do like the granite front plate and Colin's big button. Both very befitting of its impressive sound.
    Utterly well worth an offer.
    I'd buy the front plate and button for mine, if this was being broken up for parts (don't do that!).

Yup. I've been told Col's Big Button is very popular in some quarters  [-O<
  • "And, I do like the granite front plate and Colin's big button. Both very befitting of its impressive sound."

The big button was not me sorry. and this lovely reworked beastie was once Battle Shit Grey, she looks a lot nicer now.
  • AntiCrap said:
    "And, I do like the granite front plate and Colin's big button. Both very befitting of its impressive sound."

The big button was not me sorry. and this lovely reworked beastie was once Battle Shit Grey, she looks a lot nicer now.
    Somewhere, amongst the world's great anally retentive, is a man planning a website to track the evolution of every Wonfor SECA ever made :-)
  • Dave, what I do it my own time is entirely up to me...
  • BTW, I'm getting big button envy...
    Thinking of modding my TOCA...
  • edited October 2016
    Docfoster said:
    Dave, what I do it my own time is entirely up to me...
    Of course. I wouldn't dare interfere with your off-Chews fun :-O

• Can't remember if this photo was taking during on-chews or off-tunes fun-time...

• Anyway, back to the matter in hand....
    itsjustme said:
    Still available. make an offer.

• Docfoster said:
    Can't remember if this photo was taking during on-chews or off-tunes fun-time...

w00t! I like the new Doc faceplate. It looks da bizness!