My Atoms are back from Wonfor Towers!

Lest this turn into the Worshipful Company of Wonfor Worshippers, I have to say they sound crap!

Oh, bugger. It is the Worshipful Company of Wonfor Worshippers. They sound really great. Removing the widget (was it a resistor?) has improved them enormously. Maybe something similar could be done by removing the voiceboxes of boy band members? [-O<

Must swap out the Green God and see how they sound downstairs.

Thanks Col! (And Mr B for his courier services).

Comments

• Did he drop of the Book DVD??

Thanks Mr. Brown , as I tried to do that and fell asleep on the train and missed the stop (what a plonker).
  • He still has them. I think he's watching Teletubbies The Director's Cut.
  • uglymusic said:

My Atoms are back

Good to hear! Were they scattered across the fourth quadrant before Scotty managed to reassemble you?
    \:D/
  • uglymusic said:
    They sound really great. Removing the widget (was it a resistor?) has improved them enormously.
    Great news Dave. :-)
    What chance of some piccies of the amps in situ...?
  • They're sitting behind my iMac and speakers, so there isn't much to see.
  • One other thing to report. 

I couldn't find enough interconnects to run both when I first got the Atoms back. When I found the cable and added the second power amp, the sound presentation changed. Even in near field (on my desk, no more than a couple of feet away from me), the soundstage has opened out and the amps sound more like the SECAs. By that, they sound much more natural and detailed than one alone.

Bit of a surprise that. My usual expereince with bi-amping is more grunt and grip. 
  • cj66 said:
    uglymusic said:

My Atoms are back

Good to hear! Were they scattered across the fourth quadrant before Scotty managed to reassemble you?
    \:D/
    It was some strange man, formerly from Scotland, now that you come to mention it.
  • edited October 2016

Here is a test to see if you Atom are together correctly.

• Is being weird a prerequisite for being on Chews, I wonder? :-D
  • AntiCrap said:
    Here is a test to see if you Atom are together correctly.

• uglymusic said:
    Is being weird a prerequisite for being on Chews, I wonder? :-D
    It's certainly what keeps pushing me back here... ;-)

Pleasing to read of your noted improvements to the Atoms. :-)
  • Only I'm told they might look like Atoms, but they ain't.

More of that in a day or five.
    A Class of it's own.
  • edited November 2016
    119: Wonforium

• Back alive and happy,

The Mobile Phone exploded in the hotel a Moto E and set the fire alrm off, and the engine on the mini cruse ship ship died and the waves were fantastic I fell asleep, he he On the way to Porto Santo Island from Madeira.
    Lovely warm days, but it was cold back here in the UK brrrrr

Are you all well?
  • edited November 2016
    Welcome back Col'.
    Sounds like a typically eventful trip. Glad to see you had a good time.
    We've all been safe and sound here on chews thanks, huddled together to keep warm.