The one thing I don't like about the Raspberry Pi...

...is that you can bugger up the code or settings on the Micro SD card, just by pulling the power.

Guess what I've just done?

Comments

• That should only happen if the software has to write to the SDCard on shutdown - with Moode or PiCorePlayer I switch off everyday - so far no problems - wait till tomorrow.
  • It's happened to me with Rune Audio (just now) and Volumio.

As I've not tried MoOde, I've just downloaded it. So it's good that you've mentioned it Alan.
  • The only thing that seems to cause problems is the SDcard itself, I tend to use only SanDisk Ultra 8GB.
  • edited November 2016
    Not only did I mess up Rune Audio, but it appears I made the IQ Audio DAC have a hissy fit, too.

With MoOde installed, it couldn't/wouldn't select the DAC in the MPD section. Removed the DAC card, and lo and behold, MoOde showed it in the MPD pull-down. 

I haven't yet tested the DAC, as I decided to plug in my old KingRex DAC/PSU as it was out.

I'll make sure the IQ DAC is OK sometime soon, but it'll be interesting to have compared the two DACs, if too many variables for anything meaningful to be concluded ;-)
  • Having used MoOde for a few weeks now on the Office RPi 2, I'm impressed with its stability and how it allows me to stream TIDAL or Spotify from my iPad all day long without needing a reboot.

I must put it on the RPi 3 downstairs.
  • edited June 2017
    uglymusic said:
    <snip>

I'll make sure the IQ DAC is OK sometime soon, but it'll be interesting to have compared the two DACs, if too many variables for anything meaningful to be concluded ;-)
    Just noticed this loose end while looking for something else.

FWIW, the onboard (HAT) DAC easily out performs the older KingRex, even with its outboard PSU. Clearer, more organic and more detailed. I guess that's a bit of a surprise. I thought the two would be much closer.