Fixed price servicing for A&R A60 amplifier

edited August 2015 in Amplifiers
Following many enquiries on servicing this very popular amplifier Baker Audio now offers a fixed price servicing option at £75.

The price includes replacement of all PSU capacitors (including those in the pre and phono sections), rail decoupling caps in the output stage, new quiescent current adjuster pots (where needed) and replacement volume control pot where these are noisy.

Limited repairs to non functioning or faulty amplifiers is also included within the £75 fixed price which includes return postage with the UK.

For more serious and extensive amplifier faults, please contact for details.
Short of an elephant landing on your A60, most can be brought back to life :)

Comments

• Thanks for that Rob.
    All the best with the servicing option.

I assume that those 'chews members who work in zoos are currently hurriedly moving their A60s to higher ground.
  • I have two A&R A60s with serial numbers in the 20000-25501 range, one of which has a fault in the RH channel. I think the balance control has come unglued, but if it's not that it'll need your expert attention. Both probably need servicing anyway.

My current state of play is that I want to use the power amps of these A60s with a Denon AVD2000 DAC/pre-amp, for bi-amping.

I can make the AP circuits on Veroboard or similar, but the pre-amp part of the board (diagram attd for clarity) looks rather complex and I wonder if it's really necessary, since in an 'ordinary' A60 there are just C22 and C122 (DC blockers, I guess) between pre-amp and power amp.

Would you kindly tell me if these circuits are needed and if so why, or if I can get away with just transplanting C22 and C122 to a PCB with the AP power amp input circuits ?
  • RobHolt said:
    Following many enquiries on servicing this very popular amplifier Baker Audio now offers a fixed price servicing option at £75.

The price includes replacement of all PSU capacitors (including those in the pre and phono sections), rail decoupling caps in the output stage, new quiescent current adjuster pots (where needed) and replacement volume control pot where these are noisy.

Limited repairs to non functioning or faulty amplifiers is also included within the £75 fixed price which includes return postage with the UK.

For more serious and extensive amplifier faults, please contact for details.
    Short of an elephant landing on your A60, most can be brought back to life :)

• Hi - I am new to this discussion and cannot see who to contact regarding repair servicing of a Cambridge A60. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Thanks.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Dave,
    I think Rob Holt's main posting website is PFM.
    And, I think these days he posts there as "Robert".
    If you are a member, this link *clicky* should take you to his profile at PFM. Or look him up on the site. PMing him there is probably a good bet.
    All the best.