Inca Tech Claymore

Hi folks,
       I'm Trevor, I hail from West Yorkshire and am the owner of an Inca Tech Claymore which I reckon could do with a service. There are one or two options in my neck of the woods but from looking on audio chews for quite some time now it seems there are only two guys who I should  be asking to carry out the work on the amp to make it sound its best. Hope this doesn't sound too presumptuous but if I took it somewhere else I feel I would always regret not having the nerve to ask the question. Apologies for my clumsy posting but as they say, I'm a newbie. 

Comments

• Hi Trevor

Welcome to Chews. I'm Dave. We do seem to have become the home of the Claymore ;-)

Colin (Wonfor) is away on honeymoon for a couple of weeks. Paul (@quickie) should be along sooner than that. 

Just keep an eye on Chews, and something will happen.

Otherwise, feel free to jump in any of the threads.

• tmac58 said:
    Hi folks,
          from looking on audio chews for quite some time now it seems there are only two guys who I should  be asking to carry out the work on the amp to make it sound its best.
    Hmmm. :-/
    My money's on me and Dave.
    ;-)
    Welcome to the Claymore owners' club Trevor!
    <:-P
  • Another hello and welcome from another Claymore owner. Do you know which version you have?
    Pop the lid and show us it's guts. It would be good to get the various versions on here.
  • Hi Trevor,

Welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately, I am not currently undertaking any service/repair work at this time. Sorry about that.

I am sure Colin will sort you out after he returns from his honeymoon.

• Oh, you old romantic, Col. 

Get back to your honeymoon, or I'll tell Maria what you've been doing! :-)
  • Oh Maria, Maria
    She fell in love in East L.A. U.K.
    To the sounds of the guitar claymore yeah yeah
    Played Made by Carlos Santana Colin Wonfor :x

;)
  • cj66 said:

Oh Maria, Maria

;)
    Poetry to my ears  8-}
  • uglymusic said:
    cj66 said:

Oh Maria, Maria

;)
    Poetry to my ears  8-}
    The increasing degree of substitution, line on line, is especially pleasing. :-)
  • Hi Quickie,

Thanks for the reply. Shame about that but no worries. Happy to wait if that's ok. Sure it will be worth it. Been dithering about signing up for some time now so it'll happen when it happens.
  • tmac58 said:
    Hi Quickie,

Thanks for the reply. Shame about that but no worries. Happy to wait if that's ok. Sure it will be worth it. Been dithering about signing up for some time now so it'll happen when it happens.
    OK I am back , so tell me what you need???
  • Did this happen? Is tmac58 now on sonic cloud 9?

Spurious information mode on...
    I only found out today that the equivalent Spanish expression is "dos metros sobre el cielo" i.e. two metres above the sky.
    ...and off again.
  • cj66 said:

Spurious information mode on...
    I only found out today that the equivalent Spanish expression is "dos metros sobre el cielo" i.e. two metres above the sky.
    ...and off again.

:-)
  • Hi I hope people do not mind me piggy backing on this thread. I too have an Inca Tech Claymore that may need attention soon. It occasionally spits and I think one of the inputs is noisy. Im still using it for records and streaming but would like to have it serviced. if there is someone out there who carries out this work then please contact me. Ideally I would like to have this done over the next month or two.
    best to all
    Kevin 
  • Hi Kevin. Welcome.
    Two people here are capable of such work:
    1. Quickie. But he's recently said he's taking a break.
    2. AntiCrap. This is Colin Wonfor, the original designer of your Claymore amp. As well as being a technical genius, Colin is one of the world's good guys.
    Colin has publicly reported some recent health issues, but it may be worth your PMing him.
  • Thanks Docfoster, I will contact Colin and ask for his guidance. Much appreciate your steer.
    Kevin
  • Kevin see PM replied health is poor has Ben said but still trying to keep busy.
  • New here so hi! Had my Claymore since 1987. Had some work done recently by an engineer who removed the PCB and now working fine but the volume pot is sticky. I've tried cleaning it and that works for a couple of days then stops moving smoothly again. Has anyone solved this sort of problem? Should I upgrade the pot? If so, what do I need? Cheers
  • Hi Daniel.
    Welcome to the forum (and Claymore owener's support group ;-) )
    Col (Anticrap) and Paul (Quickie) will be in good positions to advise on this.
    I'm sure one will be along in a mo...
  • danielo1 said:
    New here so hi! Had my Claymore since 1987. Had some work done recently by an engineer who removed the PCB and now working fine but the volume pot is sticky. I've tried cleaning it and that works for a couple of days then stops moving smoothly again. Has anyone solved this sort of problem? Should I upgrade the pot? If so, what do I need? Cheers
    No probs send it along work only e-mail [email protected]
  • I too am the owner of a Claymore that I loved and tried to have repaired when it blew but the repair led to more smoke when I switched on. Dthat mean there is no point in seeking repairs from someone else who works from ESSEX OR WOULD MR>Wonfor be able to assist? I WILL HAPPILY PAY AND COULD EVEN BRING it to his work place en route to visiting a relative in DEVON>Sorry about caps lock but should I E MAIL THE ADDRESS ON THIS FORUM THAT HE HAS PROVODED PREVIOUSLY> DELIGHTED TO FIND THAT A British genius is still around to use his knowledge whether he can help or not..
    YOURS< ROBIN>
  • Welcome Robin,
    I would imagine that Colin would say that smoke adds to the experience of any good amplifier. :smiley:
    The email address in the post immediately before yours is probably the one to use.
  • Robin I am in London near the A13 and Blackwall Tunnel PM me