Inca Tech Claymore

Just joined so hope I am in the right place. Live in Notts. Have just acquired a visually mint Claymore but unfortunately I can't get anything from the right channel. Left is fine with a just about audible sound coming from the right. If I swap over the speaker leads I then get right speaker fine and nothing from the left. All of the outputs, CD, AUX etc have no right channel sound. Need to get this fixed. Would appreciate some idea of where I can get this done. System Restek Challenger Integrated Trigon Recall 2 CD player Rogers LS7 speakers on heavy. Target stands

Comments

• Welcome Raz.
    Sounds like you've conclusively identified the amp's right channel as the problem.
    Colin Wonfor (member Anticrap here) has been known to take on this sort of work on his old Claymore amps in the past. He has a real and continuing fondness for his previous creations.
    I don't know what Colin's health / workload is like at the moment, but it may be worth your crossing his palm with silver and whispering sweet nothings in his ear to see if he can help you.
  • Restek is not a name you see much on English based forums but is another maker of fine amplifiers. I used to sell the Challenger and the Concret CD player, which was my favourite CDP of the day.

The Claymore is definitely worth spending on a for repair. I bought a dead ( and mauled internally ) one many moons ago and managed to fix most of it but Colin kindly helped me with a gain problem I couldn't fathom.
  • Many thanks guys. Will try to contact Colin. Have to say that as soon as turned the amp on, notwithstanding the almost dead right channel, the sound coming from the left was fantastic so well worth pursuing I think. Think this is a later model with the headphone socket on the back and the amp is visually, a mint er which looks like new.
  • Raz,
    Sounds like a similar model to the one I own. I would agree with what you are thinking: It is certainly an amp worth getting back to full working order.
    At the very least, I am confident that Colin will be able to at least advise you.
  • Just joined so hope I am in the right place. Live in Notts. Have just acquired a visually mint Claymore but unfortunately I can't get anything from the right channel. Left is fine with a just about audible sound coming from the right. If I swap over the speaker leads I then get right speaker fine and nothing from the left. All of the outputs, CD, AUX etc have no right channel sound. Need to get this fixed. Would appreciate some idea of where I can get this done. System Restek Challenger Integrated Trigon Recall 2 CD player Rogers LS7 speakers on heavy. Target stands

Hi yep send it along my work e-mail is [email protected]
  • Hi Colin That's great. Where do I send it?
  • Please e-mail me for address