Farewell dear Friend

James,

I saw something on Facecrap which upset me, I hope to our Lord God it is not true.
You and you family have crashed into my life showing me love from strangers I never expected. Your courage and kindness struck hard into my mechanical heart which will always have the dents you all have left.
People like you are rare and I love you all my friend.
Now feeling sad wish I could fix it all but I am just a cheap technician not a angel.

Oh crap, he dented my mechanical heart and I will miss him, and kind friend I only knew for far to short a time, love to all the family. See you soon James Coltart I will miss you and only saw you two weeks ago, brave and so kind. xxxx Love Col and Maria

Comments

• What did you see on FB Colin?
    This looks like it might be genuinely upsetting news.
  • Last night my friend James went to be with his Saviour after a brave & courageous fight with cancer. Just two short weeks ago we sat in his man cave listening to old records and sneaking a cold ale. Together we listened to old Christian rock albums from Petra and Rez Band. I didn't know he knew these albums - I'd brought them along simply because and I left them with him to enjoy. It wasn't chance. James sang along and reminisced. He recalled his brothers playing them and listening to Rez on the bus on the way home from School. We laughed a lot. We sat silent. We sang together. We will again. I'll always have that good time with Beefy to cherish.

Rabi Atiti added 5 new photos — feeling sad.
    1 hr

We have lost this incredible, inspirational warrior of faith, who loved Jesus with everything that was him. You will be sorely missed James Coltart! Our hearts broken, but we are consoled by the fact that you fought the good fight and you won! Death is not the end...rest in the eternal arms of God, where there is no pain or leukaemia

• Thanks Colin.
    I knew James a little.
    I feel really quite affected by this.
    A really decent human being.
  • Thanks Colin

We only talked about James yesterday.

Ben: I'm feeling affected by this, too. I knew James a little and counted him as a friend, and it always hurts when they go. I also think there's a shot of vulnerability for us amongst the all the other emotions.

In case anyone is wondering, James was Sovereign on this and other audio forums.
  • Agree with what you say there Dave. :-(

I was aware that James was receiving treatment and stupidly / lazily assumed he was on the mend. Hadn't been in direct touch with him for a number of months. So a bit of guilt in there for me too.

Just spoke with Col' on the phone. We discussed the possibility of some collection / donation.
    Col will try to make inquiries today.
  • Colin, thanks for posting the picture above.
    Good choice of snap.
  • Although I didn't know James I had picked up on his popularity as a good natured, stand up guy.
    Condolences to his family and friends, always so much harder when taken early.
  • Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed reading James post where his enthusiasm shone through.
    My condolences to his family.
  • RIP James

I only knew him as Sovereign but always read his posts with great interest.

He still be sadly missed by the audio community and more so his family.

• This has been set up for James family by family.

• AntiCrap said:

This has been set up for James family by family.

Thanks for the link, Col.
  •  
     Bloody hell, thought he was on the mend too.......shocking news.

Whilst I never met him personally, we shared many email conversations, and only a few
    months ago he helped me greatly with some personal issues. One of the good guys !

Will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with his friends & family.

RIP James.
  • Paul, he helped every one he touched , he help me get over the shit I had now nearly 3 years ago, I miss him, the fun chat and him saying "You are mad Mr. Wonfor" he was right I am.
    The encouragement for me to keep going and some of that dreadful music he played yuk was a fantastic gift.
  • Oh no this is such sad news. I never met James in person, but we were in regular contact discussing DAC's and amplifiers. His enthusiasm for this hobby shone through in his posts across a range of different hifi forums. I also naively assumed he was on the mend.

My condolences to his family and friends, including all those who knew him on this forum.

Rest in peace James.
  • This is sad news indeed. He was enriching company, and I'll miss his spirited, knowledgeable, and kind presence on Chews.
  • Only just picked this up as I tend not to visit forums very much these days.  What can I say that hasn't already been said?  I'm deeply shocked as I only spoke with James quite recently.  He was a friend and fellow hifi nut who loved getting stuck into his projects and making the best of everything.  His positive attitude and healthy outlook on life and his faith were a true inspiration.

RIP James mate; you'll be sorely missed.  My heart goes out to Jame's family, what a dreadfully sad loss 
    :(
  • Been meaning for a while to add something like this to the fascia of the balanced mains unit that James built for me. I've felt it more important to do so since James' death. Odd really, as I would have preferred if I'd been able to show it to him.
    I suspect he would have said it was funny or ridiculous.
  • Docfoster said:

Been meaning for a while to add something like this to the fascia of the balanced mains unit that James built for me. I've felt it more important to do so since James' death. Odd really, as I would have preferred if I'd been able to show it to him.
    I suspect he would have said it was funny or ridiculous.

Nice choice.
  • He would chuckle and love it nice Ben.

:D
  • James pushed hard to get  meeting of forum folk and Martin and John got it going but sadly James never saw it.

It was also Paul Birthday and Alan and I had good time me I ate to much cake.

Photo's of James were everywhere it was a good tribute and fun you should get one up soon Dave.

Anyhow here is a link to the best Photos of me ever.

Yep only in one cool I did try and hide but Martin was far to quick.
  • Sounds like an enjoyable event. Pleasing to read James was remembered.
    Thanks for the link to the photos. What the bloody hell is that loudspeaker with the 2 drivers coupled face to face...?
    As ever, hugely proud to see what a young, dynamic and attractive bunch we audiophiles are.
  • Hi Guys Molly James is wife sent me this I suspect there is limited space but could those who new him come along for support.