New speakers

edited July 2017 in Loudspeakers
I have just bought some new speakers, a pair of Dali Menuets. Got them at a good price, but have just noticed that they are 4 ohm. I was intending to use them with my trusty '86 vintage Claymore, will this cause I problem? I would hate to damage the Claymore. Any help will be very gratefully received as always.

Comments

• I understand your caution, but doubt there's a problem.
    My 80s Claymore is currently feeding some Goodmans Goodwoods which are rated 4-8 ohms. All good. :-)
  • My Claymore also runs 4ohm speakers, no probs.
  • Thanks very much for the reassurance. The Claymore has already been given a second life by Col, after I killed it with a dodgy interconnect. Don't want to do the same again!!
  • As above, will work fine.

Used mine to drive a pair of Audio Physic Virgo 3's which are 4 ohms, and worked really well :)

• Thanks very much everyone, I am completely confident that I won't incur the wrath of Colin, by having to send the Claymore back to him for the third time. 1st time to be serviced and given new bits to make it sound even more brilliant, which it did. 2nd. time was after using a dodgy interconnect; found out it was dodgy the hard way! Looking forward to hearing the Dali's now, don't think I would have risked it without your advice. Thanks again. Simon
  • Glad to know the Claymore community works!
    Be sure to let us now how things sound. :-)
  • The Dali's and Claymore sound amazing!! I wanted small speakers for my dining room; they needed to be unobtrusive my wife told me. So did the usual review reading and decided on the Dali Menuet's; I could send them back if I didn't like them. The arrived today in gloss white and I have listened to various things via my rpi and volumio. Currently listening to David Bowie's Blackstar 24 bit. I can't believe such a large detailed and powerful sound is coming from such tiny boxes (plus my trusty Claymore of course!) and the Claymore' s volume level is barely on, astounding.
  • Sounds like a good thing! :-)
  • Bowers and Wilkins 703's claymore powers them perfectly. tried most brands over the years but settled on the 703's can't see me ever changing them.
  • 8 Ohm impedance, 90dB sensitivity, 3-way, 38Hz-25kHz, floorstanders, I bet they can fill a room! FUN.
  • Bowers and Wilkins 703's claymore powers them perfectly. tried most brands over the years but settled on the 703's can't see me ever changing them.

Big speakers. :-)
  • What is this big speakers?
  • cj66 said:
    8 Ohm impedance, 90dB sensitivity, 3-way, 38Hz-25kHz, floorstanders, I bet they can fill a room! FUN.
    they sure are !
  • Im liking the contrast in speaker size in this thread.
    Cotic, how are the Dalis doing? Still pleased? Im intrigued by these wee gems. Have you had chance to trial them with any other amps?