Hugh's Claymore for sale.

Hi all,

I have a old Claymore here with now replaced better FET's fully tested and working.
The case lid as also been resprayed, but there are some marks in the lid and the front.
It has MC and MM a iss 6 Claymore.

Reason for sale is Hugh,s as been un-employed now for 2 years and as a contractor worker does not get any help from our government even when you pay taxes and stamp a shit deal.

He is asking for offers over £250.00

Thank you.

Comments

• All the best with the sale Hugh.
    It's such a great amp. £250 seems very fair given the once-over by he who must be obeyed.
  • Indeed, considering the price some its similarly aged brethrin command this is a steal.
    At one point I owned a Claymore ISS6, Exposure XV and Nait2(olive) at the same time......I still have the Claymore!
  • New pics of Claymore from Hugh.

• Yep. The way things are going, looks like these could be a good a pension...
  • Not for me.
  • AntiCrap said:

Not for me.

That was clumsy of me!
  • edited May 2017
    Deleted.
  • Docfoster said:
    Not for me.
    That was clumsy of me!
    I am now just waiting for Wotan or the Devil depends who come first with Coffee. :D
  • Hugh still has this for sale.
  • Responded thanks I will tell Hugh.
  • Hi i am the new owner, anyone know of the amp's history?
    Lee
  • Lee did you buy it from Hugh?

If yes when Hugh and I worked together a Hughes Electronic based in Scotland, I made it for him as he his a good friend and helped me to settle in in this land of Kilts and good whiskey mmm.
    So when he helped me to move in from Somerset and refused any payment I gave it to him a present, It has since been brought up to date with new caps and FET's.
  • AntiCrap said:
    Lee did you buy it from Hugh?

If yes when Hugh and I worked together a Hughes Electronic based in Scotland, I made it for him as he his a good friend and helped me to settle in in this land of Kilts and good whiskey mmm.
    So when he helped me to move in from Somerset and refused any payment I gave it to him a present, It has since been brought up to date with new caps and FET's.
    Hi -- I bought it from this advert. so I have had it about a month now, I have had a look inside and see it said for Hugh best Colin may 2016 on the right hand side of the main PCB,  what does changing the FET's do to the sound? not that I'm complaining, its replaced my £4,000 pre power Rotel... the phono stage is close to my AVID Phellar £600 but had a background noise, so still using the AVID Phellar -- its simply an amazing amp and powers my B&W 703's lovely..
  • PS I now want to try Tellurium Q cables ---- using audio quest 14/4 non bi-wired, what would you recommend ?

• edited August 2017

PS I now want to try Tellurium Q cables ---- using audio quest 14/4 non bi-wired, what would you recommend ?

Looks like you've picked up a good Claymore there.
    Re your cable question...I suspect Colin's short answer would be to recommend his new range...
    https://www.elsdonwonforaudio.com/cables
    ...rather than TQ.
    His long answer would probably contain more expletives regarding TQ.

• Ben I would use nice words honest .
  • The EWA cables are the more advanced development from TQ. They happen to sound better in my opinion, and retail for less too!
  • LS 5 or 25 then for my system, ohhhhhh no there are RCA interconnects too.... maybe ill do both? thoughts??

• edited September 2017
    I haven't heard any of the interconnects yet, so I'm as interested as you!