Covers that are better than the original...

2»

Comments

  • Is it on YouTube, Paul?
  • edited February 3
    Yes:



  • Thanks, Paul. I'll give it a listen.

    A quick tip: If you just paste the share URL straight into Chews it comes up as above.
  • I realised a few seconds in, this is a Tom Waits song. And I'm a huge Tom Waits fan... 'nuff said ;-) 
  • Worth knowing about YouTube, thanks. I like Tom Waits too but prefer Diana Krall rendition of Temptation.
  • Yeah. It is a good version.
  • Get your lug 'oles around this!

    Orkestra Obsolete play Blue Monday using 1930s instruments



  • Not really a cover (Hugh Cornwell is on it), but how about a mariachi version of Golden Brown?:


  • And, while we're in the mood for the Stranglers' finest, there is this unmatched version, of course:


  • edited February 21
    Go on, I dare ya!

  • uglymusic said:
    Get your lug 'oles around this!

    Orkestra Obsolete play Blue Monday using 1930s instruments



    That's pretty cool!
  • edited February 22
    uglymusic said:
    Go on, I dare ya!

    Certainly kept the mood of the original! I am tempted to prefer this!
  • cj66 said:
    uglymusic said:
    Get your lug 'oles around this!

    Orkestra Obsolete play Blue Monday using 1930s instruments



    That's pretty cool!
    I think so, too. Seems that was a one-off. Couldn't find anything else by them.
  • cj66 said:
    uglymusic said:
    Go on, I dare ya!

    Certainly kept the mood of the original! I am tempted to prefer this!

     I was hoping someone would protest about Ribot and Co's version :-)
  • As I've been having a BOC fest of late I was reminded of this, although the original is fine in its own right, it sounds like a first, rough draft in comparison to BOC's cover....




  • Oh she's weird and she's wonderful(sic).

    Hey man, what a groovy scene B)

    Snap, crackle and k-pop?
  • How about some disco Pink Floyd?!




  • cj66 said:
    Oh she's weird and she's wonderful(sic).

    Hey man, what a groovy scene B)

    Snap, crackle and k-pop?
    How dare you quote Elton John (OK Bernie Taupin) at me!

    I was liking it until she suddenly flips out in the middle. 

    You want her for breakfast, you naughty man?!
  • cj66 said:
    How about some disco Pink Floyd?!





    Maybe not. But it is an apt revenge for my effort. 
  • edited October 23
    Getting back on track I was reminded of....

    Simply Red's cover of Talking Heads " Heaven".







  • Sacrilege! 

    I now realise I know the track, but had managed to forget it! :-)

    Mick Hucknall. What a squandered talent.
Sign In or Register to comment.