Ugly Music in the garden

This year, I'm going to get music in the garden.

I'm thinking RPi with DAC and digital amp board in a weatherproof box with a pair of weatherproof speakers - not sure what, though.

The other alternative may be to get a big old ghetto blaster and put the RPi/DAC & Amp in that. I'd be taking a chance on the loudspeakers, and then there'd be the messing about with taking the old innards out and mounting the new stuff.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Comments

• It depends on the quality and quantity (i.e. dBs) of music you're after.
    Some of the little Bluetooth speakers are incredible for their size, I've been mulling over one myself and will probably get a JBL Charge 2+ or 3 as it has become. It has a bigger brother in the Extreme and if you're mains capable the Marshalls really pump it out. Add a phone and you're done.
  • I'll look into them, Chris. Thanks.

As you probably guessed, I'm looking to have the same technology for playing all the music throughout the house (and garden). So WiFi/Minimserver/Bubble UPnP/DLNA etc, hence the RPi-based hardware.

But I do see that the BT speaker route is potentially simpler. 
  • Open the window.
  • That is actually the standby!
  • uglymusic said:

This year, I'm going to get music in the garden.

I'm thinking RPi with DAC and digital amp board in a weatherproof box with a pair of weatherproof speakers - not sure what, though.

The other alternative may be to get a big old ghetto blaster and put the RPi/DAC & Amp in that. I'd be taking a chance on the loudspeakers, and then there'd be the messing about with taking the old innards out and mounting the new stuff.

Any thoughts/recommendations?
    You need Tannoy Buckinghams and M100 Pro then you could here it on the beech also.
  • No deep Bass not low bass

• Only pan-fried bass around here, mate!