Incatech Claymore speaker impedance

Hello,
I have an Incatech Claymore iss6 that I plan to use with Royd Doublets floorstanders but I am worried that their 6 Ohms impedance might not be adapted to the Claymore.
I read that the Claymore was designed for 8 Ohms only and would heat up too much even blow up with speakers of lower impedance ... any experience or information about this would be great !
Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Hi,
    Coincidentally there was a similar thread recently regarding 4ohm speakers.
    Several members here, including myself, have been using said speakers on their Claymores for years. Great results and no bangs!

The Claymores are old now so a service may be wise if not done already.

• edited January 2019
    yannito said:
    "Hello,
    I have an Incatech Claymore iss6 that I plan to use with Royd Doublets floorstanders but I am worried that their 6 Ohms impedance might not be adapted to the Claymore.
    I read that the Claymore was designed for 8 Ohms only and would heat up too much even blow up with speakers of lower impedance ... any experience or information about this would be great !
    Thanks a lot."

Well the blow up part did happen but not due to 6R or 4R loads but because short circuits were often done by people changing speaker over whilst the Claymore was still ON.
    And few not so nice folk who hated the good feelings the Claymore had in the Hifi world over there designs just wanted to stir up shit, And few disgruntled arse wipes who tried to steel my design lost a court case. I had all this crap from the KOG people when I started TQ, and most of the crap was unfounded and pasted on PinkGoldfish. There is over 20,000 Claymore out in the world and in the last 5 yrs I have had less than 10 duff one back with dead FET's most come back just need a service or a upgrade. And often to be fixed and resold on to make a profit from the ebay or bargain grab, this to be honest I hate, it is just pure greed.

• Thank you very much for your replies ! 

I really understand your point Colin and completely agree. My Claymore have always worked flawlessly and sounds superb.

As I can't afford TQ cables for now, any advice on speaker cables for the Claymore would be really great.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

• Now I must not be biased, but have a look here.https://www.abcaudio.biz/
  • What Col said!