A Giant Killer (ha ha)

As anybody seen this yet.

Comments

• Ere, no. Don't subscribe, do tell.
  • That’s interesting.
    Did they let you know they were going to be celebrating the old beaut’...?
  • Ages ago somebody called me but I thought that TQ would squash it flat.
  • Good on Hifi News.
    Good on you.
    Nice to be remembered. ;-)
  • Yes I was phoned interviewed not even a lunch, but they sill got a few silly things wrong, The Claymore was made then for 240VAC and now we are 230VAC so the O/P would be lower I never used a transformer in the MC stage,
  • AntiCrap said:
    Yes I was phoned interviewed not even a lunch, but they sill got a few silly things wrong, The Claymore was made then for 240VAC and now we are 230VAC so the O/P would be lower I never used a transformer in the MC stage,
    Not even a coffee...?!
    Thanks for the link. I’ll take a proper look when I get some time tomorrow.
  • Ben we mt meet up soon again and have a coffee.
  • Just found out the Gold Claymore used was one I gave Paul Miller some 30+ years ago, cool, Love to see it and upgrade it mmmm nice.
  • edited April 2019
    AntiCrap said:
    Thanks for that. Just read through it. The review had an affection for the Claymore, for you and for the hifi world of yesteryear that I enjoyed. A mention for your Dad too!
    I'm not familiar with modern amps, so can't comment of the comparisons David made with recent design. I do love my Claymore though. Wouldn't be without it.

(Was the reviewed amp an original? I know you've worked through various mods in recent years, from which my Claymore has benefited.)

Edit... Just read this bit. I'm guessing you've not had your hands on it since the 80s then!
    AntiCrap said:
    Just found out the Gold Claymore used was one I gave Paul Miller some 30+ years ago, cool, Love to see it and upgrade it mmmm nice.

• AntiCrap said:
    Ben we mt meet up soon again and have a coffee.

Yes please. I recently bought a Moka pot! :-)
    Do you ever come over this way...?
    Are you still based in East London...?
  • Hi Ben, still in London but no problem I could just love a visit and see your new toys.

Yes the Gold one never came back to me, I would have said the postman lost it and hid in the workshop he he
  • Just to let a certain cable company understand designers.

Here is a review of the last company that stole my designs and got compared to a new design that proved to be better. So watch out cable company.

• AntiCrap said:
    Hi Ben, still in London but no problem I could just love a visit and see your new toys.
    Cool. I’ll PM you.
  • I briefly owned an IA1.25 and would concur that it was awfully nice but dim, especially when compared to the Claymore.
    I owned both the above, a Nait 2 olive and an Exposure XV at the same time. When the time came to sell off the unnecessary and keep the best, all I have to say is that I still have the Claymore. ;)
  • Yay!

Well done, Col 
  • I gang I have just completed two new Oberon, Alan Brown will have one soon it is 25W/ch A Class with 4 aux inputs and a nice wee DAC. And a SECA twin headphone o/p at 5W mmmm nice ring in ears  >:)
  • Oh it as two RCA pre out and Balance pre out just so you can bi/tri amp with the Q20
  • Should be fun, Mr Colin!

My SECA pre and M-50 are doing the business right now, never heard better TBH. Loving it!

• Alan said:
    Should be fun, Mr Colin!

My SECA pre and M-50 are doing the business right now, never heard better TBH. Loving it!

Fantastic :-)