Hello!

Hi folks,

I've been a Claymore owner for probably about 8 years now, and it's doing sterling service still driving a pair of B&W D5's, fed by my PC and a Beresford DAC.  It's still going strong, although the input selector is a little scratchy and she could probably do with an overhaul at some stage - I've not opened her up to inspect, mainly cos I don't know what I'm doing.  I've just convinced a good friend in the Netherlands of the Claymore's merits, and he's now waiting on shipping having bought one too!  (He also grabbed a pair of B&W D5s, since they sound nice together).

In the other room, I have a Tandberg 3012 hooked up to another Beresford DAC and wifi streamer for Spotify, and running through B&W Matrix 3s (series 1s).  That system's also got an old Rega Planar 3 for vinyl goodness, and a Rotel RCD-965BX for CDs.  It's the 'big' system, but also will need an overhaul at some point if I can find anyone who'd touch the Tandberg.

And finally, I have a garage full of B&W speakers (yeah, I'm a fan).  DM2As, Matrix 2 (series 2s) and a pair of 601 s2s as well.    Couple of old amps out there too I think...Acoustic Research A07 and a NAD 3020.  Had a few other things but ended up giving em away - Castle speakers, Royd Conistons, etc.  Even once had a pair of Goodmans Maxims that were really great, but went to a friend.

Basically, I'm addicted to finding older used gear and trying stuff out.  I'm also useless at getting rid of stuff :)

The Claymore though?  Absolutely love it, and been my 'daily driver' for those 8 years. 

Happy to be here, and will now spend ages reading on stuff so I can learn & keep my Claymore going!

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• Hi Dave

Welcome to Chews. You'll certainly find other happy Claymore owners here.

I'm the owner of a few of Colin's amps, but not a Claymore. But I'm allowed in because I run Chews :-) (with the expert assistance of @docfoster, of course).
  • Hi Dave,

The Claymore I made a lot of them. which version have you?
    Also circuit etc are on my data forum, (no contest with chews).

http://seca.freeforums.net/
  • That's an awesome resource - thank you so much.
    I'm not sure which version, but perhaps these might help?

Serial number space has (I think) 6035 written in the box, with K102523 underneath it. 
    It's also got ISS 6 on the board inside - taken together I'm assuming these mean version 6?
    I've tried to include a picture, but unsure if it'll work.

• Ok, that didn't work for the picture.  Here you go - hopefully this works better!
  • DaveMcK said:
    That's an awesome resource - thank you so much.
    I'm not sure which version, but perhaps these might help?

Serial number space has (I think) 6035 written in the box, with K102523 underneath it. 
    It's also got ISS 6 on the board inside - taken together I'm assuming these mean version 6?
    I've tried to include a picture, but unsure if it'll work.

It is a iss 6 good.