Hifi News Show at Ascot

edited October 2019 in Other stuff
I will be going to the show the weekend 26th Oct 2019 I will be there on Saturday.
It would be nice to see some old friends there so come along Dave he he

https://www.hifinews.com/content/grandstand-ascot-welcomes-uk-hi-fi-show-live-2019 

Comments

• I would have liked to have been there with you Col, I've never been to one of these.

Alas, I'm off for a week from Friday... Don't feel too sorry for me! 
  • AntiCrap said:
    I will be going to the show the weekend 26th Oct 2019 I will be there on Saturday.
    It would be nice to see some old friends there so come along Dave he he

https://www.hifinews.com/content/grandstand-ascot-welcomes-uk-hi-fi-show-live-2019 

Punter or trade?
  • Alan said:
    I would have liked to have been there with you Col, I've never been to one of these.

Alas, I'm off for a week from Friday... Don't feel too sorry for me! 

No I will not you are going to the place I love lucky devil, had a chat with Justin.
  • Cool! I'm glad he called, he has always been interested in a SECA kit. He was the one who had the Magnum 250 power amp that came with my pre amp.

I haven't seen his system for a couple of years since he moved, but I think he built some single driver full range speakers a while ago.

I'll think of you when we're in Scotchland...
  • Alan said:
    Cool! I'm glad he called, he has always been interested in a SECA kit. He was the one who had the Magnum 250 power amp that came with my pre amp.

I haven't seen his system for a couple of years since he moved, but I think he built some single driver full range speakers a while ago.

I'll think of you when we're in Scotchland...  Grrrrr

• I don't think I can make it this weekend, Col.

Must come up and see you soon, though.
  • Well the show was very interesting, the building was amazing, the train ride was crap delays and for me the tube was a nightmare.
    From my past experience of the Penta and the such like shows where no charge was asked for £22.00 was a cost to high, but it did stop the street walkers and the bandit stealing kit as they have done to me and others.
    The Trilogy room run by Mark Perfect and Nic Poulson was very good, and to see old friends again was a blast from our pass. I have none these guys for over 30yrs. Mark was from Rourke then and Nic had just started with tube kit.
    The Exposure lads including John was fun and the banter was great must do it again soon John.
    Had a nice chat with Mr. Paul Miller and thanked him for the nice review on the Gold Inca tech Claymore.
    The TQ herd was there but not worth a look in.
    Caught up with Max Townend a amazing man still bursting with life good on yer Max.
    After 3hrs of walking I was dead on my feet and got soak getting back to a delayed train at Ascot station.
    Would I go again ? Oh yes
    Would I demo my kit there? oh yes a great venue nice caring staff.
    Did I get lost? yep I did rescued by the ladies on the Nordoss stand thanks ladies.
    And by Uncle Joe and his Boler Hat ( not sure on the spelling).
    I agree the refreshment venue part was dreadful. I had a better sandwich at the station and waited a long time for delayed trains.
    The walk to and from the station was great lots of hills and chestnut mmm lovely.
    Yes the AS stand was very professional but with the massive pot of money behind them so it should be.
    But small UK companies like Exposure and Trilogy on there limited budget did very well I thought.
    The normal trend follows with poor morals were still going to rooms run by crooks. See the light lads and lasses they have never had a original thought in there lives, it is just far to easy to steal others.. I do wish the press would tell the whole story and not suppress the truth for fear of losing revenue. This press attitude kills new ideas and start up companies in the UK.
    What we need is a unbiased Hi-fi press there was talk of Mr. P. Usher and Malcolm Stewart starting one I hope they do soon.
  • Interesting, Col.

Is Malcolm Steward out of hospital, then? 
  • No Malcolm will never leave hospital but he can write and is doing some now, he can;t speak but with luck that will be solved soon.
    But I think we here on Uglymusic's Forum should demand Dave Wiley back to write , all those in favour say DAVE

DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE  see easy he he

https://www.roydaudio.org/reviews/minstrel-audiophile-may-1994/

He write well, OK a lot better than me.
  • It's good to hear of some progress for Malcolm.

But does he really want to launch into the rats' nest that is hi-fi publishing? Hopefully, the usual suspects will respect him, though. 

But over the years I've had more shit from my small involvement with the hi-fi industry than from any other I've worked with. Nice people, too, of course. But some unspeakable bastards as well.