Is Halsey a soprano?

Halsey is noted for her distinctive singing voice. Her music is categorized as indie pop ballads, usually based on her personal experiences.

Comments

• Odd post.
    I’m wondering if it’s spam. We shall see.
    It is a musical question tho, so let’s go with it.
    Wiki says...

“A soprano [soˈpraːno] is a type of classical female singing voice and has the highest vocal range of all voice types. The soprano's vocal range (using scientific pitch notation) is from approximately middle C (C4) = 261 Hzto "high A" (A5) = 880 Hz in choral music, or to "soprano C" (C6, two octaves above middle C) = 1046 Hz or higher in operatic music.”

I’m not familiar with Halsey’s work, but a quick listen on YouTube did not provide evidence that she has a range up to A5 or C6.
  • Very diplomatic Ben.
    I'd go further and say her voice is average at best, very typical of factory-production-line modern music and sounds like a thousand others.
    I assume the op is from the marketing crew supporting her.
  • cj66 said:
    Very diplomatic Ben.
    I'd go further and say her voice is average at best, very typical of factory-production-line modern music and sounds like a thousand others.
    I assume the op is from the marketing crew supporting her.
    "Diplomatic"? Weill, it is Christmas! :-)

And yes, you're almost certainly correct.
  • Hmm. Very odd.

If that is a marketing spam, then spammers should be sacked for crap and confusing messages!