Saying Hello!

I have been into this lark for longer than I can remember. I am a member of AOS, Wigwam, PFM and Diyaudio and TAS although not that active on some.  A few years ago I got together with Alan of EWA and SECA fame and built a Pass F2 clone. Alan very kindly sourced a lot of the parts and it was a lovely amp with some monster back loaded horns I also built. I must get together with Alan again and hear this monster. I was only today reading Colin's "playtime with a monster amp" on AOS which gave the details and mentioned this forum.

I have found a renewed interest with DIY in the last 6 months or so and look forward to reading what others are up to.

Regards
Rob.

Comments

• Hi Rob

Welcome to Chews. I'm Dave, the guy who keeps Chews running.

I'm also the happy owner of a pair of Colin's SECA monoblocks. And there's quite a bit of DIYing going on here.

Thanks to Colin for the mention on AOS.
  • Dave I always mention you with feeling and admiration. Why ? because you write nice and I can't.
  • Hi Rob, my old mate! Who are you again..?

Of course, it's possible you're thinking of another Alan, also a dear friend of Colin..? Alan Elsdon, the 'E' in EWA. I'm sure I never built a Pass!

I am Alan Brown, the 'AB' in ABCaudio. But you'd be most welcome to listen to 'Henry the Hooligan'. Alan Elsdon had a very fine M100 Turbo, I think, but I don't know what he called him.
  • I don't know why you mention me with feeling and admiration, either :-)

But I'm thankful you do ;-)
  • Alan said:
    Hi Rob, my old mate! Who are you again..?

Of course, it's possible you're thinking of another Alan, also a dear friend of Colin..? Alan Elsdon, the 'E' in EWA. I'm sure I never built a Pass!

I am Alan Brown, the 'AB' in ABCaudio. But you'd be most welcome to listen to 'Henry the Hooligan'. Alan Elsdon had a very fine M100 Turbo, I think, but I don't know what he called him.
    Woops! I assumed incorrectly. I was of course as you say referring to Alan Elsdon. He used to go under the name Sondale, so perhaps that should have alerted me. Anyway nice to meet you. I was not aware of ABCaudio.....but I am now :)
  • Here on Alan Island, there are too many Alans... :)
  • 😡

There is an almost adequate amount of Alans...

Yes Rob, it was Sondale. I had forgotten his username. Anyway, Colin is still in touch I believe, and he is doing well.
  • I met Colin at a TAS gathering somewhere in Berkshire a few years ago....appropriately called the ASBO (Audio Standard Bake Off)

• Colin needs an ASBO. Is that what you're saying? :o :) :s
  • Yes please great on crumpet toasted

• There was something I was going to say about your favourite teatime treat, but I'm being PC today ;)
  • I thought you were more Apple than PC, hence your problem viewing Wonfor artwork...
  • I'm Apple through to my core, Alan :s
  • edited March 2020
    With Rhubarb ?

A very funny silly film to cheer you all up I love the Vicar and the golf scene.