Hello

Hi

I was here ages ago and discussed all things Young DAC. I've just registered to see what's going on. Had quite a few system changes since last here.

System is now as follows: Amp and speaker upgrades next on the agenda 

Kronos Sparta / Helena / Transfiguration Phoenix
Trichord Diablo / NCPSU
Yamaha A-S3000
Naim NDX2 / XPSDR
Revox B77 mk2
Usher Dancer Mini 2

Best wishes

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Hi Adrian
    Good to see you here.
    I'm Dave. I guess I'm responsible for Chews - with much-needed help from @Docfoster.
    I've always hankered after a Revox. Do you use it much?
  • Run whilst you can Adrian  :)
  • Before you escape, what about your Usher speakers?
    I've only ever heard little ones. And always liked them.
  • Ok, Dave's taking the Revox.
    Ben's swiping the Ushers.
    Colin's grabbing the Diablo, 'cause it's small to run with.
    That leaves me the Yammy to match my bike.
    :D

Not so bad Adrian, you got out alive with both sources!!!!
  • Hi. The Revox doesn't get used that much. Just make the odd mix tape.
    The Ushers are truly remarkable. I've had them about 10 years. Upgraded the internal cables about 5 years ago and will struggle to find a reason to move on. 
    I am hankering for some nice JBL's but struggle to find a dealer near to me to try.
  • You don't need to use the Revox. It's a nice thing to have around, I imagine.
  • Paul Usher is a good friend to me and he is about to start a new speaker company, I can't wait to hear them.

• edited May 2020
    The Ushers are truly remarkable. I've had them about 10 years. Upgraded the internal cables about 5 years ago and will struggle to find a reason to move on. 
    Interesting to read you rewired. I sometimes stick my head in the sand on that one!
    In most of my DIY work I do try to use good bog-standard OFC cable, but in my my current work on the sealed cabs for the Tannoy 295A drivers I used some 4-core mains cable I had in the shed.  :#
  • Docfoster said:
    Interesting to read you rewired. I sometimes stick my head in the sand on that one!
    In most of my DIY work I do try to use good bog-standard OFC cable, but in my my current work on the sealed cabs for the Tannoy 295A drivers I used some 4-core mains cable I had in the shed.  :#
     :# 
  • AntiCrap said:
    Docfoster said:
    What can I say?
    It was there.
  • AntiCrap said:
    Docfoster said:

He's a very naughty boy!
  • Well if they are wired for 240v you won't need to worry yourself about DC offset!
    :D