Snell j11

edited June 2020 in Loudspeakers
Just finished restoring the cabs on these Snells. Really pleased as they had been reveneerd as well as painted black. The result is back to the original walnut

DSC-0140

Comments

• edited June 2020
    On some stands🤣🤣

DSC-0143
  • Like new!
    You're a craftsman.
  • edited June 2020
    chrisb said:
    Great work, Chris.
    If you want to post any more pics, here's how to do it:
    On Postimage, click on the share button, then copy Thumbnail for website.
    Then click on the Toggle HTML View button </> here on Chews, and paste the Thumbnail code.

• They look so nice, well done! I bet they sound just great.
  • Work nice with the Claymore Alan👌
  • Nice to hear, my friend! But beyond cleaning, I did very little to it... Colin deserves the credit. 

With those Snells and the Claymore you'll have a really beautiful vintage system there, probably older than I am (and certainly sounds better than I)!
  • DSC-0123 DSC-0138 DSC-0115

I'll put some up prior to removing the veneer, definitely needed removing. 
  • You did a really good job on these. They look brilliant :)
  • DSC-0157
    Now on decent stands with expensive room treatment behind them😂

• chrisb said:
    DSC-0157
    Now on decent stands with expensive room treatment behind them😂

Are they preferred to the expensive room treatment?
  • Yes. How do they sound?
    Are you doing any internal work...?
  • Sound pretty good to be honest even compared to the 989"s measured the resistors etc and they were fine. So all good. 
  • The last time I heard Snell Js, they were driven by Audio Innovations monoblocks.
  • Popular combo back in the day. Peter Snell designed some cracking speakers. 3rd pair I've owned..Considering  the price differential the snell's are brilliant. 
  • Once a Snell fan, always a Snell fan :-)
    I respect them and could definitely live with them, but I don't own any... If you see what I mean.
  • Just the same with Royds for me, listened to them at Sound Advice in Loughborough many times in the 80's but owned briks at the time. 
  • Oh, Royds are a bit of a Marmite speaker, for sure.