Heatsinks for SECA mini Group Buy?

I’m going to be making the latest SECA and I’ve been researching heatsink prices.   This heatsink in 300mm length has a rating of 0.14 C/W which I think will be good enough to cope with one channel of the full 40 wpc.  The price is £52 +VAT which is almost half the price of the next best alternative that I’ve found! However they have a MOQ of 6 so I need to find 2 other people who are interested in purchasing a pair.   Let me know if you are interested:
https://www.abl-heatsinks.co.uk/index.php?page=extrudedproduct&product=20

Comments

• Thanks Colin, I’ll contact them to get a price.
  • This Japanese manufacturer is claiming some impressive heatsink specs, with nice cases:

http://www.takachi-enclosure.com/data/c16/HYR_02.pdf
  • Those are indeed nice cases.   Not going to be suitable for my SECA monos unfortunately but worth knowing about for any future projects.
  • ian said:
    Those are indeed nice cases.   Not going to be suitable for my SECA monos unfortunately but worth knowing about for any future projects.
    Have you chosen a case yet? I’m interested as I have a pair of 2nd generation seca boards that I’d like to do as mono blocks. 
  • In my part of the world there are lots of metal fabricators (its grim up North 🤪) so my plan is to buy suitable heatsinks and then have bespoke cases made that incorporate the heatsink as one of the side walls of the case.  For 40 wpc I need BIG heatsinks!  I’m envisaging relatively tall and thin monoblocks. 

If you were interested in doing something similar let me know.  The bespoke cases would probably be cheaper if I had 4 made rather than 2 . . .    Also, if you took 2 of the heatsinks mentioned in the OP then I’d be happy to take the other 4 and thereby hit the MOQ.  £52 plus Vat is very cheap for such a heatsink.
  • ian said:
    In my part of the world there are lots of metal fabricators (its grim up North 🤪) so my plan is to buy suitable heatsinks and then have bespoke cases made that incorporate the heatsink as one of the side walls of the case.  For 40 wpc I need BIG heatsinks!  I’m envisaging relatively tall and thin monoblocks. 

If you were interested in doing something similar let me know.  The bespoke cases would probably be cheaper if I had 4 made rather than 2 . . .    Also, if you took 2 of the heatsinks mentioned in the OP then I’d be happy to take the other 4 and thereby hit the MOQ.  £52 plus Vat is very cheap for such a heatsink.
    Ian if you use tall heatsink be sure to put hot bit near bottom, also after 200mm lenght I found the best way to get good convection was to channel out a slot across the heatsink fins. We had to do that on  the 200 and 300 watt SECA, we got a extra 10c. advantage.

• Thanks Colin.  The heatsinks will be tall enough to mount the PCBs in portrait orientation so that will let me have the output devices at the bottom.
    I’m not sure I’ve understood correctly when you say channel out a slot.  Could you just expand on that please.   (The fins will be running vertically on these heatsinks.)