Colin' cast-offs

A couple of weeks ago my old Claymore went off to meek its maker.

Thankfully this journey was not a terminal one.
Colin had advised me that he could do things to the old beast that would make it even better.

Well this week my old Claymore returned.
First thing I discovered when I opened the box was that it must be electronic engineering etiquette to return to an amp's owner all the bits that one has ceremonially removed.

Perhaps I can make a soup.

Secondly, that Colin is a whiz with a can of spray paint.
He has resprayed the lid. It looks as good as new.

Due to my son's birthday today I have not yet done the most important thing and plugged in the new Claymore for a good listen! I'm looking forward to doing that tomorrow.

Even before I do so, a big thanks for and to Colin for continuing to innovate, create and care so much about his products and friends. :-)

Comments

• Is that the famous Mrs Baxter's Claymore Soup from the Highlands, of which you speak?
  • Claymore capasties and Tellurium stew...
  • No it a silicon electrolyte soup, we non carbon base alien use it the time. and it help us to find area 51
  • "First thing I discovered when I opened the box was that it must be electronic engineering etiquette to return to an amp's owner all the bits that one has ceremonially removed".

It also keeps the repairer's electronic waste mountain to a minimum. 

• Colin will have to tell you what he's done here, but by gum it's made one helluva difference.
    The old Claymore become more...SECA sounding.
    Clearer (better defined), more extended (both ways) and somewhat smoother.
    Very good.
    Not quite the sparkle, silk and grunt of an actual SECA, but more so than a 1980s Claymore has any right to be!
    Thanks very very much Mr.W! :-)
  • It is.
    And it's in a tough position.
    I've just plonked it straight into the main system, so comparisons with the One4 SECA are unavoidable!
    Really impressive.
    Also helpful to be reminded of the remaining unavoidable differences between SECAs and very good mortal amplifiers!
    Colin is quite an amazing magician with both.
  • I got a bag of those with mine  :D
  • Colin made me an amp from a notable bag of cast-offs. The Green Goddess ran for a few years and kept my SECA madness fed.
  • chrisb said:
    I got a bag of those with mine  :D
    Colin really needs to include a balloon and a piece of cake.
  • uglymusic said:
    Colin made me an amp from a notable bag of cast-offs. The Green Goddess ran for a few years and kept my SECA madness fed.
    So if we all pool our cast-offs we might be able to come up with something special... :-/
  • BOOOM yes and video it please  o:)

I am glad you and Chris are happy Ben,enjoy.
  • Docfoster said:
    uglymusic said:
    Colin made me an amp from a notable bag of cast-offs. The Green Goddess ran for a few years and kept my SECA madness fed.
    So if we all pool our cast-offs we might be able to come up with something special... :-/

Pool them, and send them back to Colin, of course. He's the Bag of Bits Magician :)
  • edited September 2020
    I also got a bag of old parts when Colin recently did mine. So happy with my "new" Claymore. Just need to upgrade my speakers now to get the best out of it.
  • I love that we all get these little goodie bags.
    Maybe we should check they aren't bugged...  B)
  • They are I love hearing the dust carts drive of the bass is amazing.
  • Now it is my turn bye bye >:)